Will you please advise what Site to use when programming wayne county (82) dearborn have sent endless hours trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTCC

Will you please advise what site to use when programming group Wayne County (82) Dearborn Have spent endless hours trying

JTCC

Unit is. Bearcat BCD996 XT While USING Radioreference import Trunked system to setup Dearborn Michigan police and must have site and group ID in order to upload . I do have proper group. Can not find appropriate site to go with my group. Only want to scan police without using a large county simulcast (sp). Apologize for lack of clarity. Tu. Optimal site is my issue

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You don't control what traffic is on each site. If the police are on the simulcast site, then either you program the simulcast site, or you don't monitor the system. The 996 isn't designed for simulcast, so there may not be anything you can do to get good reception with it, except sell the 996 and get a SDS100 or SDS200.

JTCC

My 996 is a bit over my head but I will have to make do. I do have the TGID ID s for my police department and have tried direct entry to no avail. Should I continue trial and error or give up ?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Your first step needs to be googling how trunked radio systems work.

You have to program sites with frequencies before the scanner can receive anything. Talkgroup IDs only tell the scanner what to do with traffic it hears from a site. They are not a substitute for programming frequencies.

JTCC

You have to program sites with frequencies before the scanner can receive anything. Talkgroup IDs only tell the scanner what to do with traffic it hears from a site. They are not a substitute for programming frequencies.
OK thank you Jim

JTCC

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

You hardly need to Google this topic. Our wiki has 2 links in several of the Getting Started articles that will do the job - Trunking Basics and the PDF created by the late Paul O. You can find those links here

Mike

Golay

Why is it the least helpful advice is from other states?
Those who live 5 states away all post a link to the whole statewide database, or say "Google it".
Someone who actually lives in Metro Detroit just answers the question and gets the OP on his way.

Hit_Factor

Why is it the least helpful advice is from other states?
Those who live 5 states away all post a link to the whole statewide database, or say "Google it".
Someone who actually lives in Metro Detroit just answers the question and gets the OP on his way.
Some posters didn't even contribute!

flat6

Use the Detroit site, its almost always affiliated on there. 7-1

What you specifically want to receive is talkgroup 22245 (and possibly the other talkgroups I've highlighted in the attachment). How well you receive them depends on your location and scanners sensivity to the simulcast distortion in your area. I personally cannot receive anything reliably (or at all) on the Detroit simulcast site for MPSCS Wayne County (82) on my BCD536HP, so I don't scan that site, I live North-West of Dearborn. I do, however, get MPSCCS Wayne County (82), and thus talkgroup 22245, very reliably on both the Northville and Waye County simulcast towers. I suspect that you might want to try the Wayne County simullcast site for the strongest signal in Dearborn. Good Luck!scan.jpg

JTCC

What you specifically want to receive is talkgroup 22245 (and possibly the other talkgroups I've highlighted in the attachment). How well you receive them depends on your location and scanners sensivity to the simulcast distortion in your area. I personally cannot receive anything reliably (or at all) on the Detroit simulcast site for MPSCS Wayne County (82) on my BCD536HP, so I don't scan that site, I live North-West of Dearborn. I do, however, get MPSCCS Wayne County (82), and thus talkgroup 22245, very reliably on both the Northville and Waye County simulcast towers. I suspect that you might want to try the Wayne County simullcast site for the strongest signal in Dearborn. Good Luck!View attachment 80305

JTCC

What you specifically want to receive is talkgroup 22245 (and possibly the other talkgroups I've highlighted in the attachment). How well you receive them depends on your location and scanners sensivity to the simulcast distortion in your area. I personally cannot receive anything reliably (or at all) on the Detroit simulcast site for MPSCS Wayne County (82) on my BCD536HP, so I don't scan that site, I live North-West of Dearborn. I do, however, get MPSCCS Wayne County (82), and thus talkgroup 22245, very reliably on both the Northville and Waye County simulcast towers. I suspect that you might want to try the Wayne County simullcast site for the strongest signal in Dearborn. Good Luck!View attachment 80305
Obviously I am not a pro and appreciate your advice.... will upload Northville and Wayne County simulcasts and compare the two .............

Status
Not open for further replies.