Will you please advise what Site to use when programming wayne county (82) dearborn have sent endless hours trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTCC

Obviously I am not a pro and appreciate your advice.... will upload Northville and Wayne County simulcasts and compare the two .............
2/13 Been grinding it out with marginal luck--Wayne County simulcast works best but very few hits on Dearborn TGID thank you

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Dearborn Fire is pretty busy with rescue runs. As previously noted Wayne County Simulcast or the Detroit Simulcast system should serve you best. You might be too far for the Northville site.

JTCC

Have gone beyond Northville and my best performance ,as you suggested, is Wayne County Simulcast. My Dearborn hits are rare and the fire dispatch is the most frequent but still not frequent.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then your issue is probably your 996XT having trouble dealing with the simulcast. In some locations, the only scanners that will work reliably are the SDS100 and SDS200.

Xray

I can tell you with the home patrol I could not hear a thing from Dearborn, barely any Detroit for that matter. With the SDS 100 they come booming in, so if you get the proper setup and don't hear much of anything, you'll know you are looking at a scanner upgrade to monitor them.

JTCC

I can tell you with the home patrol I could not hear a thing from Dearborn, barely any Detroit for that matter. With the SDS 100 they come booming in, so if you get the proper setup and don't hear much of anything, you'll know you are looking at a scanner upgrade to monitor them.
Guess I will surrender but appreciate all the guidance from users. At my level of longevity it does not make sense to make the purchase of SDS 100 or 200.. Had been an avid user of Dearborn with an old Bearcat 890 XLT prior to the current 996 XLT.

Xray

Guess I will surrender but appreciate all the guidance from users. At my level of longevity it does not make sense to make the purchase of SDS 100 or 200.. Had been an avid user of Dearborn with an old Bearcat 890 XLT prior to the current 996 XLT.

Yeah, too bad when they switched to digital. Sometimes I wonder if it makes sense to purchase anything but you gotta do what you gotta do and worry about the BS later.

JTCC

What you specifically want to receive is talkgroup 22245 (and possibly the other talkgroups I've highlighted in the attachment). How well you receive them depends on your location and scanners sensivity to the simulcast distortion in your area. I personally cannot receive anything reliably (or at all) on the Detroit simulcast site for MPSCS Wayne County (82) on my BCD536HP, so I don't scan that site, I live North-West of Dearborn. I do, however, get MPSCCS Wayne County (82), and thus talkgroup 22245, very reliably on both the Northville and Waye County simulcast towers. I suspect that you might want to try the Wayne County simullcast site for the strongest signal in Dearborn. Good Luck!View attachment 80305
Thanks for the extra effort you put into your response.

DewAddict

I monitor Dearborn daily on an SDS100 and I have found that both the Wayne County simulcast and Detroit Simulcast are the best sites for monitoring. When I travel Inside a building in Dearborn for work, I find the Detroit site actually receives the system a bit better than the Wayne County site.

JTCC

I monitor Dearborn daily on an SDS100 and I have found that both the Wayne County simulcast and Detroit Simulcast are the best sites for monitoring. When I travel Inside a building in Dearborn for work, I find the Detroit site actually receives the system a bit better than the Wayne County site.

I am using a 996XT which is considerably less efficient than your scanner and I will not upgrade. As an aside Northville seems to work best for me and I have compared it to Wayne as well as Detroit..

DewAddict

I am using a 996XT which is considerably less efficient than your scanner and I will not upgrade. As an aside Northville seems to work best for me and I have compared it to Wayne as well as Detroit..

That makes sense in your situation as Northville is not a simulcast site and your scanner will do much better decoding it than the simulcast sites of Wayne county and Detroit. Glad you found something that works for you.

JTCC

That makes sense in your situation as Northville is not a simulcast site and your scanner will do much better decoding it than the simulcast sites of Wayne county and Detroit. Glad you found something that works for you.

Thank you I did not understand the rationale for Northville's superior performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.