Williamson county help ID talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicked the old hand-held into search mode the other day and realized there are a few talk-groups we don't have documented in the database. I am logging TGID, radio ID, and recording traffic, with my scanner in search mode on the Wilco simulcast tower. I will post the id's found and a description of traffic heard, if you are interested I will keep the recordings for a few days and can email the .wav files to you upon request.

5085 - Talk of a switching order,opening and closing air brakes and breakers, seperating "georgetown south 70", sounds like a dispatch talking to work crews. Dispatch referes to herself as control, units are in a 3 number format like 464 (usually use first names after establishing contact.) Control will give an instruction such as "close and check close, gs70 a3 b3, hang a danger sign, and report back. The operator will then
repeat the instruction ver batum. When it's complete the operator will call control repeat the origional
instruction, then control will again repeat it back stating it is complete.

3533 - accidentally keyed radio, sounded like a open mic for a few seconds.

4601 - talk of installing a smoke detector.

4603 - talk of strobes and horns going off that shouldn't of.

4604 - asking someone for conduit

4654 - leaky toilet in the women's restroom at Nelson.

4735 - calls for Round Rock "pbx?" then sounds like he says "Round Rock Secured (or security) Round Rock pbx."

4779 - keyed radio no discernible traffic.

4821 - Male sounded like he said "610 mitch"? Talk of water at the main restrooms.

4823 - talk about picking things up at McCoys and American Fence.

That's a decent start, I'll go over the logs tonight and see if I can't get more info. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Neb

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Kicked the old hand-held into search mode the other day and realized there are a few talk-groups we don't have documented in the database. I am logging TGID, radio ID, and recording traffic, with my scanner in search mode on the Wilco simulcast tower. I will post the id's found and a description of traffic heard, if you are interested I will keep the recordings for a few days and can email the .wav files to you upon request.

5085 - Talk of a switching order,opening and closing air brakes and breakers, seperating "georgetown south 70", sounds like a dispatch talking to work crews. Dispatch referes to herself as control, units are in a 3 number format like 464 (usually use first names after establishing contact.) Control will give an instruction such as "close and check close, gs70 a3 b3, hang a danger sign, and report back. The operator will then
repeat the instruction ver batum. When it's complete the operator will call control repeat the origional
instruction, then control will again repeat it back stating it is complete.

Thanks,
Neb

Sounds like a power company TG. "GS" means gang switch, which is used to switch on and off multiple power lines at once (I think). I also suspect that the "A3" and "B3" they are referring to are phase numbers for a three-phase line (A-Phase, B-Phase, C-Phase). It's probably A-Phase #3 and B-Phase #3. Did you happen to hear any discussion about a substation (sometimes reffered to as a "sub")?

I suspect you might have stumbled upon some city or county services TGs. 4601, 4603, 4654, 4821, and 4823 might be some sort of facility maintenance talkgroups. 4601 and 4603 might have something to do with fire alarm maintenance. 4821 and 4823 are probably channels 1 & 2 of something.

Last edited:
Sounds like a power company TG. "GS" means gang switch, which is used to switch on and off multiple power lines at once (I think). I also suspect that the "A3" and "B3" they are referring to are phase numbers for a three-phase line (A-Phase, B-Phase, C-Phase). It's probably A-Phase #3 and B-Phase #3. Did you happen to hear any discussion about a substation (sometimes reffered to as a "sub")?

I suspect you might have stumbled upon some city or county services TGs. 4601, 4603, 4654, 4821, and 4823 might be some sort of facility maintenance talkgroups. 4601 and 4603 might have something to do with fire alarm maintenance. 4821 and 4823 are probably channels 1 & 2 of something.

I didn't hear any mention of substations, but I think you hit the nail on the head with the power company ID.

I haven't had time to go through all the recordings but think that most of them are public works type talkgroups. I also found out that the recording delay on XT pro needs to be set to the lowest level so that if one talkgroup keys up right after the other it will log it separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.