Williston ND City Police Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
That screen shot is too small and blurry to read. The only thing I was able to see was that it is TRX-1 software. I need to see a shot of the 155.25 frequency on the conventional tab to view the entries. It would be easier if you can attach your file.

Nicole15765

Hello, we are so new to this and are not sure how to do that. While going through the scanner, i did notice that we do not have that range of frequency or band range programmed in to the scanner and do not know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

tvengr

Well Known Member
Click on the Conventional Frequency tab of the TRX-1 software and scroll down to the 155.25 frequency for Williston PD and tell me what you see in the Mode, Squelch, and DMode columns. You will have to expand the software to full screen to see the DMode column.

tvengr

Well Known Member
For that frequency (155.25), click on FM in the Mode column and change to NFM. Click on None in the Squelch column. In the box that pops up, select NAC as the Squelch Mode. Select 2F2 as the Squelch Value. Click on Done. Click twice on Auto in the DMode column to change to Digital. Double check that Williston PD is assigned to a Scan List. Click on the File tab and Save Current Configuration to Archive. Name the file and save. That file will have the updated information in it. Connect your scanner to the computer. Click on the Scanner/SD Card tab and Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card. Accept the warnings to write to the scanner. Sit back and have a sandwich while the scanner updates. It will take a while. Make sure that the scan list with Williston PD is enabled. Hopefully, you will be receiving Williston PD.

Nicole15765

Hello again, the williston pd did show up on the scan list but i am not hearing anything at all and when I turn my squelch, all I get is static. It says NF by the battery and channel psdr? Also has 3 bars for the signal. I don’t know why nothing is being heard, just scrolling like it is constantly scanning but doesn’t stop at anything.
we sure have appreciated all of your time and help with this:)

tvengr

Well Known Member
NF means Narrow FM (NFM) is active. Did you manage to make all of he changes and send it to the scanner? The noise you hear is due to conventional frequencies using carrier squelch. The proper way to set the squelch it to turn it fully counterclockwise and slowly turn it clockwise until the noise just disappears. If you turn it up too far, it can block all but the strongest signals. A lot of times there is not much activity. I suggest that you keep listening for a while to see if you hear anything on Williston PD.

Nicole15765

Thank you for your help! We did get Williston PD programmed into the scan list but we can’t hear anything. I think the problem is that the frequency range for the Williston PD is not programmed directly into our scanner. I can’t remember how I did it but I was able to see the frequencies in the scanner but that range was not there and I know we got it before so I don’t know why it isn’t there now. Any help with that is always appreciated. Thank You

tvengr

Well Known Member
Without seeing your configuration file, it's impossible for me to troubleshoot problems. For your info, Williston is working on building a VHF P25 trunked system with 13 base and 13 mobile frequencies for Police, Fire, EMS, and Public Works. License is WRBK683. If you can attach your configuration file, I can troubleshoot problems as well as add the new Williston trunked system so that you can hear when they do any testing or come online with the new system. There is no talkgroup list available but I can put in a wildcard so that you hear anything on the system.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In your TRX-1 software, click on the File tab and click on Save Current Configuration to Archive. For ease to find it, save the file as Williston ND. After you enter your next post, click on Attach Files at the bottom left. Click on Documents in the left column of the file explorer. Locate the Williston ND zipped file, highlight it, and click on Open. The file should appear in the post window. Click on Post Reply.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you saw my other thread, the trunked system is probably in operation and that is why you do not hear Williston on the other frequencies. There is nothing in the database yet but I can get the system working knowing the frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.