Wilmington in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCCEOG

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - would one of the database admins who understands the Wilmington system please fix it. The problem - Wilmington, although "technically" part of the State system now, is a separate system. So the programming in the Uniden scanners does not allow you to listen to Wilmington and the rest of the state system. The workaround I was given was turn off all the other sites and only have Wilmington on.... Which works to only hear Wilmington and not the rest of the State system and confirms the database is the problem. So..... the Fix - set Wilmington up as its own system. This will then allow the Homepatrol and all the other downloads to work. I would love to buy a couple more scanners, especially the new Uniden, but refuse to till this problem is fixed. For the Admins - we can talk offline if you need it explained more, because there is a history here that may be helpful, just let me know. But as I said, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix it so I can purchase some more scanners!

as always, thank you!

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Simplest solution.

You could have 2 copies of the same system.

You have to create 2 Favorite Lists's.
Append the system from the full DB to the FL you choose.

1st version with only the Wilmington site (either all other sites avoided [recommended method] or deleted)

2nd version with all sites enabled.

Then enable the FL containing the version of system you wish to monitor.

FWIW, IMHO
If the site is part of the larger system, The admins are not going to create a separate system just for you. You need to get creative with your own programming.

NCCEOG

Thank you, I forgot to add the favorites list workaround as well...... but then what is the point of spending 650 on a scanner that is supposed to be preset if I then have to go in and reprogram it? It is really a simple database fix.........

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FWIW,
The Full DB is a convenience for those who either don't want/care/know how to program their own customized lists.

To get your money's worth from the radio you must learn to create your own programming to scan.
Whether you use GPS or Zip code or No location control at all.

The DB is dependent on users for accurate data, If all scanner users only rely on the "preset" DB and never find the things that are not in the DB and submit those finds, The DB becomes irrelevant for everyone.

It may seem like a simple fix to change the DB.
It's even simpler to create your own programing to be free of the Full DB's shortcomings.

Creating separate systems for each site in the DB is never gonna happen.
But you can create your own, any way you'd like..
:)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
IDK,

If the site transmits the same sys id then it's in the DB correct.
Perhaps it was different at one time and then changed, or maybe an admin created it separately in error and was later corrected.

I would agree that if the site in question has a different sys id then it should be a separate system.

Beyond that we just have to use the tools available to make adjustments that are to ones liking.. :)

de784

Feed Provider
Wilmington

Same thing was done with Ocean City and Worcester County a while ago they were separated now combined

One13Truck

Feed Provider
FWIW,
The Full DB is a convenience for those who either don't want/care/know how to program their own customized lists.

To get your money's worth from the radio you must learn to create your own programming to scan.
Whether you use GPS or Zip code or No location control at all.

The DB is dependent on users for accurate data, If all scanner users only rely on the "preset" DB and never find the things that are not in the DB and submit those finds, The DB becomes irrelevant for everyone.

It may seem like a simple fix to change the DB.
It's even simpler to create your own programing to be free of the Full DB's shortcomings.

Creating separate systems for each site in the DB is never gonna happen.
But you can create your own, any way you'd like..
:)

Even in this age I still prefer hand programming my Uniden's and then importing to Sentinel to create the back up in case of card crash. To me creating my own lists and hand programming may take forever but is part of the old school charm that is going away too quickly. I only maintain the database as an emergency backup in case of spur of the moment trips I didn't plan on taking and need to add things in quickly.

Otherwise all my Uniden's are hand programmed with custom lists. The PSR800 is the outlier. Still custom programmed but through the software due to the annoying lack of keypad. I gave up hand programming that one years ago.

Evnldr

Is this a home patroll issue or are they all like that. TBH I'm clueless as to what NECCEOG said but maybe I'm missing some frequency with my BCD996P2 and updating the data base via freescan

Thanks in advanced.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Folks,
Sorry for the inconvenience of Wilmington being part of the state system but our Admin handbook states that it needs to be included in the system which it is a part of. Yes, it used to be separate many years ago before it was integrated into the SW system by DIVCOM.

At one point I opened the HP data file for Delaware and made it a separate system and simply pasted it back in as such. Just plain text stuff. (Just make a backup of Delaware if things go wrong)

I understand the frustration but that's the rules.

Dave

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Attached is a home patrol-1 file that separates WPD from the state system. (I left it in the state system also)

I am not responsible if you corrupt something in the process...you can always re-download the full DB if things go wrong but I just tested the file and procedure.

In windows, You will need to open the HP1 storage card, navigate to the HPDB folder and replace the Delaware.hpd file with the file you extract from the .zip

next you will need to change your zipcode location to anything other than your current one, let the HP load the systems then go back and change back to your home location within RX distance of the Wilmington site.

You only need to do this once.

It will show up as "Wilmington TRS"

Sorry, this is only for the HP1 not sure if it'll work the same on the HP2. The procedure may be similar for other text based radios/software.

Dave

Attachments

• Delaware.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 8

NCCEOG

Dave -
Thank you for your reply and help. I just have to say, that the Wilmington system, although the frequencies got listed on Divcom, they are not part of the State system. The City only uses its "system" and it does not touch the State Towers. This is evidenced when they are working at Hoopes, a city property, they often do not have access to the city towers and thus have no communication back to the City. Where as if they were truly part of the State system, they would simply link with the tower next door at Winterthur. I have never seen the rule book for the database but I cannot imagine it meant for a situation like this.

I know you have a fairly good knowledge of the Delaware system, cannot you help explain that Wilmington is truly not part of the Delaware system?

Thank you

Septa3371CSX1

Dave -
Thank you for your reply and help. I just have to say, that the Wilmington system, although the frequencies got listed on Divcom, they are not part of the State system. The City only uses its "system" and it does not touch the State Towers. This is evidenced when they are working at Hoopes, a city property, they often do not have access to the city towers and thus have no communication back to the City. Where as if they were truly part of the State system, they would simply link with the tower next door at Winterthur. I have never seen the rule book for the database but I cannot imagine it meant for a situation like this.

I know you have a fairly good knowledge of the Delaware system, cannot you help explain that Wilmington is truly not part of the Delaware system?

Thank you

As has been mentioned the Wilmington TRS is a subsite of the state system. It is essentially an independent system but also part of the state system as it uses the same master controller. Yes non-Wilmington radios may not be able to work on the site but it doesn't mean the site isn't part of the state system. Things may be different once everything migrates to DELWIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.