Wilmington, NC - Law enforcement agencies encrypting radio trasmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
I am not against enc but the fire/ems and dispatch of normal traffic should stay open their is no reason people should not known what is going on next door or down the street.the thing to be done is contact your politicians,mayors and cheifs around election time.also the people who make and sell the scanner get together like the gun people do to protect your rights,their is a lot of money going into the scanner business

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Still writing "wright"? Ever hear of spell check? You lose credibility when you come on here and write like that.

Anyway...

Do you seriously believe we as a community can band together and change things? How? Where I live I'd be willing to bet I'm the only scannerhead for miles. Again, niche hobby.

sfd119

the communication act or 1934 gives you this wright to open air ways go read it there is a law

The Communications Act of 1934? The Act replaced the Federal Radio Commission with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It also transferred regulation of interstate telephone services from the Interstate Commerce Commission to the FCC.

It says nothing about your right to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.