Wilmington Police and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
For the Wilmington Site you'd wanna monitor, Definitely too far. You'd need to be very close to Wilmington.. As you're discovering, These new digital systems/sites only cover the target area and not much more..
+ The Wilmington City units are not generally carried on the NCC Simulcast Site unless necessary.. You need to get the Wilmington Site exclusively for reliable monitoring of those Fire/PD units..

Audiodave1

Database Admin
The range is about right for the Wilmington site. Having lived in the circle and now just north of the state line. a 9dB yagi +6dB of amp is what it takes to get 2 bars on a 996 radio. The site has a fair amount of electronic down tilt on the antenna to concentrate it within the circle.

robertson40

Member / Delaware Breaking News DE110
Premium Subscriber
5 out of 7 days i can successfully pick the city of Wilmington Fire / PD from Dover using a directional antenna on a 15ft mast on top of my 2 story house

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
5 out of 7 days i can successfully pick the city of Wilmington Fire / PD from Dover using a directional antenna on a 15ft mast on top of my 2 story house
The Topology between Wilmington & Dover is considerably more favorable than Wilmington & West Chester for sure.
All downhill and flat as opposed to all uphill with lots of bumps and physical barriers in between and sites that focus the signals downward.. Nobody will say it's impossible, but reliability/chances are much slimmer to the north.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Had to go to Best Buy today so I plugged in Wilmington & New Castle. With a 1/4 wave on top of vehicle I could receive New Castle site pretty well all the way to Westtown ..

View attachment 90880
A few years ago they installed another site near Best Buy on Concord Pike which really helped the northern coverage for the county simulcast. Technically it is behind Concord high School of Ebright rd.

bberns22

F955A01B-BBFF-4B0C-A749-0A99FC862F1F.jpeg
A few years ago they installed another site near Best Buy on Concord Pike which really helped the northern coverage for the county simulcast. Technically it is behind Concord high School of Ebright rd.
Relaxing on the back porch and yes New Castle can be heard with a 800mhz rubber duck antenna in Westtown

maus92

Premium Subscriber
North Taleyville, east of the football field / track.

Status
Not open for further replies.