Wilmington(Viper) Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrngnmbr6

Having just moved here from NJ and only been monitoring the New Hanover System (Wilmington PD, Sheriff's...etc)..I'm about to receive a Pro-2096 in a day or two and need to know what if any of the Viper system will I be able to monitor from my location (Wilmington)??

JerGoTV3

You can hear occasional traffic on the New Hanover County site. On the Viper list it's site number 11.

You'll hear mostly dispatches from Elizabethtown (Etown) and sometimes a trooper will talk on it. Sometimes Viper tech people.

You won't need the '96 to monitor Viper in Wilmington, it's analog here. But in other places in the state the '96 could monitor the digital side of it.

wrngnmbr6

I realize New Hanover is analog I just wanted to know if there was any digital nearby that I could try the 2096 out. So the simple answer I assume would be that there is no need for digital just yet here in Wilmington not much nearby to listen to digitally? But there will be real soon I'm guessing?? I just want to know because I'm about to upgrade seriously in the next couple weeks...Maybe I'm jumping to soon...

JerGoTV3

New Hanover County has plans to eventually go APCO-25 (digital). It maybe a while before that happens.

I can't remember the exact timeline but it will happen.

http://www.nhcgov.com/911/911Statistics.asp

Scroll down and check out the meeting minutes. You'll get a good idea there as to where the system is and going.

wrngnmbr6

Yes I'm aware of all that as I know 2 cops here...but thank you for the replies...At least i'll be ready when they do go digital....I'm just a little diappointed as I thought I would have some good stuff to tune into when I get my 2096....I did do the research but just forgot

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
The closest digital to New Hanover County will be the Jacksonville TRS System. Only a handful of talkgroups are Digital (All EMS Tac Channels, and Hospital Reports). There is an 800 licence if you look on the Onslow County page that is also P25. I can't find a good reason for that to be justification to travel up there, but to each their own.

Hope this helps...

wrngnmbr6 said:
I realize New Hanover is analog I just wanted to know if there was any digital nearby that I could try the 2096 out. So the simple answer I assume would be that there is no need for digital just yet here in Wilmington not much nearby to listen to digitally? But there will be real soon I'm guessing?? I just want to know because I'm about to upgrade seriously in the next couple weeks...Maybe I'm jumping to soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.