Wilson 1000 Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanman91

Okay so i have a Wilson 1000 trunk mount antenna, and right now im short of cash and i want to make my Wilson mobile used as a base. I want to put it onto my deck(my deck is 8 feet off the ground and we live at a high point) now in putting it on my deck would this effect the ground plane or is this model of antenna a no ground plane? someone please help me

W6KRU

That antenna is a base loaded 1/4 wave so, yes it needs a groundplane. You can make one with 4 pieces of wire that are at least as long as a full 1/4 wave (8.5').

freqs

Okay so i have a Wilson 1000 trunk mount antenna, and right now im short of cash and i want to make my Wilson mobile used as a base. I want to put it onto my deck(my deck is 8 feet off the ground and we live at a high point) now in putting it on my deck would this effect the ground plane or is this model of antenna a no ground plane? someone please help me

go to wilson antenna website they have a floating groundplane kit could help ( key word )could help or hyelectronics.com They also have parts for wilson antenna's.they have its kinda like a ground plane radials i use on my wilson 1000 mag mount drop me a pm if you have any q &a IF YOU ARE BIG INTO CB GIVE ME A PM ANYWAY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.