wilson 2M mag mount antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

Ive been looking for a more potent antenna for my 2 meter mobile, Im currently using a larson 1/4 wave with the NMO lip mount, I was talking with an older ham that raved about this wilson mag mount 5/8 wave antenna, does anyone own one of these or have had or know where these may be available? I wasnt aware untill recently that wilson even made anything but 11 meter and cell phone type antennae, thanks

ermin

I've never heard of a Wilson amateur antenna either. I used the Larson 150C for years and so far it is the best one I've ever used. You might do a little better with one of the longer (60") Diamond 2m mobil antennas but you'll never find a better quality antenna than a Larson. I have a new Hustler dual band that started rusting less than 3 months after I bought it.

Ed

Ive been looking for a more potent antenna for my 2 meter mobile, Im currently using a larson 1/4 wave with the NMO lip mount, I was talking with an older ham that raved about this wilson mag mount 5/8 wave antenna, does anyone own one of these or have had or know where these may be available? I wasnt aware untill recently that wilson even made anything but 11 meter and cell phone type antennae, thanks

KC0QNB

thats interesting, Im not sure why a regular lil will antenna with the shaft cut down tuned to 2 meter wouldnt work
I wouldn't even try it the coil is setup for 27mHz just buy a real 2 meter antenna no point if messing around trying to use the lil wil. I use a Maxrad commercial unit on my Jeep and a cushcraft ringo on the house. the review on eham looks ok for the 2mtr 5/8 antenna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.