Wilson yagi 30111

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if any body has done
A review on the wilson 700 800 900 MHz yagi or if anyone is currently using one that could let me know if they are a great or not so great antenna, and if they work good distant signals, like 30 miles or greater

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Here's an old thread where it was reviewed. If you use the Search feature, you may find more references to Wilson antennas.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I have one that I picked up for a price that was too good not to pass up on for casual usage. I'm using it to pull in a few fairly local 700 MHz sites (10-25 miles), and occasionally use it for some 800 sites as well.

It's a very lightweight hollow aluminum antenna, which may be an advantage for indoor use or if you're attaching it to a lightweight pole/support outdoors and don't require something heavy duty. Mine has held up fine outdoors for a full year in the northeast, having no issues with snow or light ice buildup. Performance is average, understandable with it being advertised as such a wideband antenna. It's clearly consumer grade as compared to some other commercial/pro grade Yagis I own like Scala, Sinclair, or Laird...but that's why it costs half as much or less than those brands.

Bottom line: If you can afford something better, get something better, especially if you're serious about weak signal work and plan on installing the antenna on a permanent basis outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.