Wilton Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I read the article and it said joining the State System would cost more then a Standalone System. I am by no means any kind of expert but what I have read about other towns joining it seemed the more economical way to go. Never mind the benefits of actually being able to talk to other towns and the state. Just my 2 cents.

Alec
N1AJW

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I read the article and it said joining the State System would cost more then a Standalone System. I am by no means any kind of expert but what I have read about other towns joining it seemed the more economical way to go. Never mind the benefits of actually being able to talk to other towns and the state. Just my 2 cents.

Alec
N1AJW
I wonder if the cost of subscribers was a big chunk of that. From what I understand, as long as you don't require any new infrastructure, joining the state system costs nothing more than radio reprogramming (if you have the radios already)
With wilton being UHF, unless they have multi-band subscribers already, they would have to replace everything.

APX7500X2

Since Westport, Weston, Norwalk, Fairfield and Maybe New Canaan & Darian are going to the state system it would be smart to go that way.
Wilton has a site in town and 1 in Redding so they have a good start for coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.