Win 500 and feed provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
I noticed recently as a feed provider and user of Win500, there is a small problem.

Win500 does not recognize feed providers as having Premium status.

I asked Don about this and this was his reply
"
Win500 has no way of recognizing any kind of subscriptions – it merely passes the username/password you provide to RadioReference.

If a “feed provider subscription” isn’t working, you’ll have to talk to RR about it.

-Don"

I know its a minor pain, but its a lot easier to web import new info rather then enter all by hand :)

Any chance that in near future, Feed Providers will also show as Premium, so programs like Win500 will still allow us to web import?

thanks

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Keep in mind that your feed must be up and online to have your premium subscription active. Is it possible you disconnected your feed and were programming the scanner?

You might instead use Win500 to build your profile and then program the radio when you are ready.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
hmmmm ok. i am using windows 7 and have tried both win500 ver 1.9 and 1.92 and still get nowhere. ver 1.9 comes up with cannot connect to database, and 1.92 wont see premium status. If Win500 works on importing for other audio providers, could there be some conflict with Win500 and Windows7?

ve5wil

Feed Provider
unlikely to have disconnect from feed, as it is being sent via a dedicate computer

ve5wil

Feed Provider
update with image

when i try to web impot, i get this screen, fololwed by access violation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 160

richtidd

Database Admin
I noticed recently as a feed provider and user of Win500, there is a small problem.

Win500 does not recognize feed providers as having Premium status.

I asked Don about this and this was his reply
"
Win500 has no way of recognizing any kind of subscriptions – it merely passes the username/password you provide to RadioReference.

If a “feed provider subscription” isn’t working, you’ll have to talk to RR about it.

-Don"

I know its a minor pain, but its a lot easier to web import new info rather then enter all by hand :)

Any chance that in near future, Feed Providers will also show as Premium, so programs like Win500 will still allow us to web import?

thanks

The log at the bottom of your feed owners page shows your feed on & offline a lot for various lengths of times.

As LB said, Premium status depends on the feed being up.

You can check your membership status by logging into RR.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
ve5wil,

The issue you are experiencing has nothing to do with your premium subscription status. This is a Win500 problem. Did you tell Starsoft this exact error message you were getting?

Also, you should probably make sure you are running the absolute latest version of Win500 - the absolute latest.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
I don't know what i did, didn't do, but it seems to want to work now. thanks all for your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.