WIN 500 - Can't record audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinGC

Can Don or anyone else figure this out?
I don't seem to be able to record audio. I know the actual audio connection is working fine because I can run the remote server/client software and audio comes thru fine. I actually use this quite a bit because my daughter loves to listen too, lives a few miles away, so she loads up client and monitors my scanner at times.
I thought perhaps you could not record audio at the same time remote server was running, so disabled it and tried to record again. No luck.
Logfile directory is setup as c:\scanner audio, and the log files log fine, but no audio files are created or recorded.
Any ideas?
By the way Don, absolutely GREAT software.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
KevinGC said:
Can Don or anyone else figure this out?
I don't seem to be able to record audio. I know the actual audio connection is working fine because I can run the remote server/client software and audio comes thru fine. I actually use this quite a bit because my daughter loves to listen too, lives a few miles away, so she loads up client and monitors my scanner at times.
I thought perhaps you could not record audio at the same time remote server was running, so disabled it and tried to record again. No luck.
Logfile directory is setup as c:\scanner audio, and the log files log fine, but no audio files are created or recorded.
Any ideas?
By the way Don, absolutely GREAT software.
Kevin,
Are you checking the 'record' box on each item, or at least the specific item, that you want to record? It will only record the specific frequencies or talkgroups marked as such, not a 'blanket' record.

KevinGC

Duh...that was it...thanks.
I guess that the WIN500 program is so feature rich, I never read anywhere about the record box needing to be checked. We really need to have a published manual for this software.....lol.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well, I think the idea was probably that you could pick & choose which items, rather than forcing an "all or none'. You might want only certain PD or FD groups recorded, even though you may be scanning many others. I use AVC396 & AVC246 for ny BCD396T & BC246T respectively. Both programs record everything. You get a bunch of recordings that you really don't need,or end up just deleting.

If you really did want to record all activity for, say, a given trunked system, just click one of it's talkgroup items (to make that the active window).
Then, select all items, by either using the <CTRL><A> keystroke combination, or <right click> & choose 'Select all' from the menu.
Once you have them all highlighted (in blue), click the "Record" box on the right of the WIN500 screen. That tags all items as 'record.
Repeat for any other talksys objects & their associated groups if you want to record 'all'.

For Conventionals, you can select all in the conventional window & mark them at one time.

DonS

hiegtx said:
Well, I think the idea was probably that you could pick & choose which items, rather than forcing an "all or none'. You might want only certain PD or FD groups recorded, even though you may be scanning many others.
Exactly.

That's precisely why there is a "Record" option for each scannable object, as well as a "master on/off" on the Monitor tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.