WIN 500 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpycmpr

I'm new to the 500/600 radios, WIN 500, and to RR forums, but not new to scanning. I enjoyed using WIN 96 with the R/S models but WIN 500 is a challenge. I imported my active banks from WIN 96 and I'm trying to massage the data into the added space available, splitting banks, etc. But not successfully.
How do I change scanning list assignments?
Can I change Lock Outs in a group of objects? WIN 96 allowed a mass change by toggling the column header.
Is there any site for instructions/help file available, other than Utah Radio?
Thanks
Steve

hpycmpr

Since posting that I've found the solution to the first question. And I've successfully downloaded to the scanner - hurrah! But more questions have been found.
Is there any simple way to reorder the scan lists?
When frequencies are known to use no squelch mode, does it slow the scan rate to leave the mode in 'search' rather than 'none'?
I had a weird result in the download. I set the 'general settings' scan list to scan only list #2. But the result in the radio was to scan all but #1. Any ideas?

DonS

Can I change Lock Outs in a group of objects? WIN 96 allowed a mass change by toggling the column header.
Select multiple objects, then click on the "LOut" item within one of the selected objects.
Is there any site for instructions/help file available, other than Utah Radio?
Other than browsing through these forums, that guide is probably the best resource.
Is there any simple way to reorder the scan lists?
If I understand what you want to do... you'd have to re-type the scan list names on the "General Settings" tab, then edit the scan list membership of "blocks" of objects on the CONV and TSYS tabs. (You can use the "Show Scan List" control on those tabs to filter what you're seeing/editing.)
When frequencies are known to use no squelch mode, does it slow the scan rate to leave the mode in 'search' rather than 'none'?
No. In fact, if you want to "speed up" unmuting of known analog conventional channels, you can set their squelch mode to "CTCSS Search". This will have no effect on actual scan rate (where that term means "how many channels are checked per unit time when none of them are active').
I had a weird result in the download. I set the 'general settings' scan list to scan only list #2. But the result in the radio was to scan all but #1. Any ideas?
Presuming only scan list #2 is "checked" on Win500's "General Settings" tab... Does the scanner's "Scanning" display indicate that all but #1 are turned on? Or are you hearing objects from multiple scan lists, where the "Scanning" display shows only #2 enabled? If the latter, then it sounds like you have objects in more than one scan list.

hpycmpr

Many thanks, Don, that cleared up several items.
The scan list was set under the 'general settings' to scan only list #2 - that is with the white box indicating 'active'. The display and the action of the scanner was to scan all but #1. I rechecked the 'general settings and it was as stated and as I understand it - which may be incorrect. I was so happy to see everything else working I didn't play with it further.

DonS

The scan list was set under the 'general settings' to scan only list #2 - that is with the white box indicating 'active'.

A "white" checkbox indicates "not active". In the below capture, only scan list 01 is active:
cap.jpg

hpycmpr

Yup. These last couple of days have really scrambled the gray matter.
As for the highlighting of the needed 'lockouts' and clicking within to make mass changes, it would be neat to have that for the 'scan list' column in the 'general settings'.

Status
Not open for further replies.