WIN 500 - Newbie needs basic info - PLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydeeho

Greetings,

I believe this message will most likely be read/answered by Don. Thanks in advance for your help.

I work for a restoration contractor that scans our area for fires and such. My boss heard of your program and thought it might be helpful for our company. I have been asked to do research on the product. Unfortunately, I do not deal with the scanners at all - in other words I am a layperson. After perusing the starrsoft website I realize that I really cannot ascertain if WIN 500 would help us or not.

Would you mind explaining to a layperson what your product does? Also, is there any way to speak to you directly? And lastly, how much does the product cost?

Thanks again in advance I know from personal experience that dealing with newbies can be quite annoying.

haydeeho

thanks for your input. i did look over the features, but since I have never worked with scanners they don't really mean much to me.

i'd just like a little plain speak summary if that is possible.

scnnr

thanks for your input. i did look over the features, but since I have never worked with scanners they don't really mean much to me.

i'd just like a little plain speak summary if that is possible.

For you to use Win 500 software you or your boss will have to purchase a
GRE PSR -500 portable scanner or it's base model PSR -600. These GRE models come with the programing cable. The Radio Shack models do not.

Or you can try the Radio Shack version made by GRE they go by the model names of
Portable Model .. pro 106 or Base model PRO-197 Programing cable is extra.

Take a look at this site for more information on Scanners .. Scanner Master - Police Scanners by Uniden Bearcat, AOR and Radio Shack.

What area / part of the country are you referring to for monitoring? Perhaps you and your boss can get by with a non Digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.