WIN-500 Software, 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

1. Has anyone "played around" with the LED color settings in the General Settings section? If so, what were the results?

2. In the TSYS Objects section, there's a setting for Multisite mode with a selection for Off, Roam or Stationary. I normally have it set to Off, however I'm wondering what happens if another selection is used?

Responses to these questions are appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
1. Has anyone "played around" with the LED color settings in the General Settings section? If so, what were the results?
I've tweaked mine on one programming file, in effect "turning down" the brightness for night use. You can also change the shades of the colors, altering the hue of your red, blue, yellow, etc, LED setting. That applies, of course, to all uses of that color in that specific file, not on an object by object basis (in other words, can't change this for only one conventional entry or talkgroup ID).

2. In the TSYS Objects section, there's a setting for Multisite mode with a selection for Off, Roam or Stationary. I normally have it set to Off, however I'm wondering what happens if another selection is used?

Responses to these questions are appreciated.
That's useful where you have more than one site entered for a system, such as a statewide trunked system, or perhaps a multi-site (as opposed to simulcast) regional system.

Those settings determine whether and how the scanner will utilize the control channels entered from more than one transmit site. Will it check for and use only the strongest? Will it use a different control channel (if more than one can be received) each time the system is scanned? Will it check all the frequencies entered for control channel reception? See this for an extended explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.