Win 96, Pro-206 and Virginia STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I was referred to this forum to see if someone on here can resolve my issue. I am trying to program several Virginia STARS repeaters into a RadioShack Pro-2096 using a WIN 96 for a friend of mine. The first frequency that I am trying to program in is "161.8625". However, when I input that in, it automatically goes to 161.8650 no matter how many times I have put it in. I have the latest version of Win 96. I have tried to let it scan the system as it, but it will not work. All of my talkgroups have already been entered.

W4UVV on the Virginia forum suggested his single table settings and I tried that, and it didn't work for the same program. What gives?

My BCD996XT works fine with similar settings and my GRE PSR-500 works fine with the same settings. Not the RadioShack Pro-2096 though. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
WIN96 Settings/Weather tab

Hi Andrew-

If you check the box marked "Extended Frequencies" on the WIN96 Settings/Weather tab, it should allow you to enter the frequencies without rounding them. You can find that box under the batter Hi / Lo settings at the bottom of that particular page.

Hope that helps you,

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Win96 Suggestion

The win96 suggestion for checking the "extended frequencies" did not work. I clicked on the box and tried to enter the 161.8625 frequency again, it didn't work. Any other suggestions? Somebody in another forum suggested a 2.50 khz step size, that didn't work. I'm out of ideas.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Pro-2096 and STARS

See attachments for what I have done with the Win96 for the Pro-2096. Do I have the settings correct for the STARS system? I told this guy that I would have his scanner back to him by this Friday, and I need to figure this out. Thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• Win96ScreenshotSettings.jpg
    Win96ScreenshotSettings.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Win96Screenshot.jpg
    Win96Screenshot.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 100

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Ok I think I did try this and it didn't work at the time. Are there confirmed results with this? If so what are they? For whatever reason I'm having a heck of a time getting this to work for frequencies for this scanner. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.