Win 97 help section not viewable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxscannerman

Hello All, hope there is someone (perhaps Don) here that can help me. I decided that like most of the posts and recommendations on the forums here, that I would give Win97 a try (for programming my pro 97 scanner) so downloaded it last night. Everything works as far as opening it and scrolling through it but for the life of me we can't get the help section to open. (Would like to read it before trying anything) We have tried everything that was suggested on the starrsoft website. Yes the "Start in" matches "Target" (except for the "\Win97.exe" portion)
Also tried downloading the Microsoft's HTML Help Viewer program that is available on the site but am just told that I already have an html viewer newer version or something like that. I also tried to download just the help section that is available separately at the top of the website’s page but no luck there either. Does anyone know of a separate place to get the help section to read or any suggestions on what I could change to get this thing up and working? The help section will come up in a window on the screen but the right side viewing pane just wont load any of the help topics. I have a dell laptop, running vista home pro, 2 gigs ram, 2.2 GHz processor, and 32 bit. Thanks for any help ..... Blake

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I am able to double click on Win97Help.chm and it opens just fine. I do not need to open WIN97.

dxscannerman

Thanks, that did the Trick.

Thank You so much, Don. That did the trick. Geese every time I start to thinkin I kind of understand my laptop something like this makes me feel like a complete idiot all over again. Boy my wife and I spent probably an hour or better the other night trying everything we could think of and it was nothin more than clickin a button that was in plain site if you knew where to look. Ha.! ( I might have even seen it, in all the pointing and clickin we were doing ), Some days I wish I was back in the seventys again and I was still walkin the tracks shootin ground squirrels and ripin up the country roads in my old chevy truck. didn't even have computers to make ya feel stupid back then, ( not in the general population anyway ). Anyway, Thanks Don, I will run the win97 through its paces over the next few days or couple of weeks with my scanner and then I will purchase the key at starrsoft. Have a good Holliday, and thank you. Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.