win 97 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

for some reason this is the most complicated software Ive ever seen, it cannot read the pro 97 nor find a com port, please help..................should I use the highly touted scancat software instead?

KE5BCP

Analog Man
for some reason this is the most complicated software Ive ever seen, it cannot read the pro 97 nor find a com port, please help..................should I use the highly touted scancat software instead?
No way.... you have the "best" software using Win97.
Tell us exactly what you have seen on the screen after installing the cable driver and Win97.

jb872033

had the same problem..once it is figured out you will not be dissapointed...worst comes to worst just start with com 1 and work your way down...make sure however your driver for the cable is installed properly or it wont be recognized...idk if it is the same com port for every compter or it just happened to be the same with both of my computers but com-4 is where my usb is located on both computer..try there and work your way down the list till you find it...good luck

JB

n2mdk

Find the COM port that the computer assigned to the USB cable in device manage. Enter it into the software and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• COM Port.jpg
    COM Port.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 106

stevolene

10 4 will try that..........actually Ive reloaded windows since I bought that cable, I couldnt remember if a disc came with it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.