Win 97 Radio Reference Web Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

berean_315

I can't get the Win 97 web import feature from Radio Reference to work. I entered in the following as the URL:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1

I am a current Radio reference subscriber and entered the correct username and password. When I click "Start" I get an error message that says: "The server name or address cannot be resolved". I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

Gerald

jerk

I cannot figure this out.
Win97 conventional web import only has option of read or write XML file.
Ok, I can do this... then what?

I can't import it in WIN97 or 96 for that matter. I can't do anything with it. If I use Open Ofiice Calc XML file format, it opens as a text file.

What I want is the same functionality that I have with "trunked" systems import, it writes/imports them directly to the program.

So what's the problem?

TES

I cannot figure this out . . . . So what's the problem?
The problem is your screen resolution. For conventional frequencies the "IMPORT SELECTED CHANNELS" button is at the bottom of the dialog window. Increase the screen resolution and you should be good to go.

jerk

The problem is your screen resolution. For conventional frequencies the "IMPORT SELECTED CHANNELS" button is at the bottom of the dialog window. Increase the screen resolution and you should be good to go.

Well that's not a good solution. Guess I wasted my money.
I like and need the resolution I use... don't need some developer thinking he should choose for me.

TES

Well that's not a good solution. Guess I wasted my money.
I like and need the resolution I use... don't need some developer thinking he should choose for me.

Not sure DonS thought he should choose for you. I do know that he offers a thirty-day full-functioning trial of the software & that part of the registration process involves a click-thru with this in it: By registering, you acknowledge that you have taken the time to use Win97 with your PRO-97 or PRO-2055 during the 30-day free trial period and that the software works to your satisfaction.

Perhaps a courteous suggestion here on the Software Forum might get that window adjusted for your needed resolution, whatever that may be. I don't know how feasible that is though. I do know that 1024 X 768 works on that import screen & 800 X 600 won't. Good luck.

jerk

Not sure DonS thought he should choose for you. I do know that he offers a thirty-day full-functioning trial of the software & that part of the registration process involves a click-thru with this in it: By registering, you acknowledge that you have taken the time to use Win97 with your PRO-97 or PRO-2055 during the 30-day free trial period and that the software works to your satisfaction.

Perhaps a courteous suggestion here on the Software Forum might get that window adjusted for your needed resolution, whatever that may be. I don't know how feasible that is though. I do know that 1024 X 768 works on that import screen & 800 X 600 won't. Good luck.
A simple moving the button to the same position as in the Trunked window would work.

Most software that works like this, I'll just stop using and never buy it again. My choice, since I can't view it the way I view all my other software. Not the first time, won't be the last time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.