Win 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

horntoad

First thank you very much for your response.
You are correct. In the win 97 program if you check the channel tab on the bottom right is a place to enter the alpha tag and the dec number. I have done this for WVC and SLC and another one for various SL County Agency's. My problem is I don't know how to send this information to my scanner. I have entered frequencies in the various banks however since there isn't a alpha tag for trunked systems I am able to listen but not able to tell who is transmitting. When I go to channel one the information I put in the area alpha tag and dec numbers shows up in the bottom right corner. When I select any other channel the information I put in does not show. However I think I have figured out why.
I hope I haven't confused you.

If you would like you can email me at troy40@mstar.net

Thanks John H

SCPD

QRT
You are correct. In the win 97 program if you check the channel tab on the bottom right is a place to enter the alpha tag and the dec number. I have done this for WVC and SLC and another one for various SL County Agency's. My problem is I don't know how to send this information to my scanner. I have entered frequencies in the various banks however since there isn't a alpha tag for trunked systems I am able to listen but not able to tell who is transmitting. When I go to channel one the information I put in the area alpha tag and dec numbers shows up in the bottom right corner. When I select any other channel the information I put in does not show. However I think I have figured out why.
I hope I haven't confused you.

If you would like you can email me at troy40@mstar.net

Thanks John H

When you can post a copy pf your win97 & will look at for you.
Paul

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-164 101

You are correct. In the win 97 program if you check the channel tab on the bottom right is a place to enter the alpha tag and the dec number. I have done this for WVC and SLC and another one for various SL County Agency's.
Note that if you select DEC and enter the talkgroup IDs (TG IDs) then when you click on HEX or AFS the numbers are changed to that radix.

My problem is I don't know how to send this information to my scanner.
1. You need a cable which connects your scanner to your computer. The PRO-164 requires the USB version (RS 20-047).
2. You need to "install" the cable which means loading the drivers for it.
3. With a working cable, and the correct COM port selected in WIN97, click on SCANNER then Upload to PRO-164. Note that anything currently in your scanner will be OVERWRITTEN. So if you want to keep what is in your scanner, first do a Download from scanner, edit what you get, SAVE it to disc, and then Upload to scanner.

I have entered frequencies in the various banks however since there isn't a alpha tag for trunked systems I am able to listen but not able to tell who is transmitting.
Certainly there is ALPHA tags for Trunked Systems. That is the text you typed next to those DEC numbers (TG IDs) you entered.

When the PRO-164 stops on an active TG, the 3rd line of the display will show text for the control channel frequency and the 4th line of the display will show either the TG ID or the ALPHA TAG. To toggle between the two on the 4th line, press TEXT on the scanner WHILE it is stopped on a TG.

When I go to channel one the information I put in the area alpha tag and dec numbers shows up in the bottom right corner. When I select any other channel the information I put in does not show.
The scanner only trunk tracks in SCAN mode. You will see different information when in MAN mode. If you want to see the TG Alpha Tags/etc duing MAN mode then go to the bank, press FUNC TRUNK. Use the ARROW keys to move up and down through the list (150 TGs in the list). Press SCAN or MAN to exit the TG viewer/editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.