WIN500 and pro 106 memory infomation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmance357

Hello, i am new to radio scanning, and this forum.
i just picked up a pro 106, and have purchased win 500
i have a memory question about the two items,
when i started typing in my frequencies in win 500, the top says i only
have about 1700 blocks of memory, what does that mean? does that mean
that i can only store 1700 different frequencies?
the reason i am asking this is that my pro 106 claims it can store 39,000 frequencies is
a certain number of talk groups, i am slightly overwhelmed by this, if somone could give me hand to get me started understanding what i am dealing with here.
Thank you for any help.

fire386

Hey I'm fairly new myself with the digital scanners. I have been dealing with an awesome guys who lives down the street from me who programmed my radioshack pro-197 by hand. Now the pro-197 is basicly the pro-106 but in a desktop mannor.

Now with your scanner you do have all those channels. I say that because for instance if you are wanting to put in channels that have multiple talk groups. You put in the frequencies for the talk groups, then you add in all the talk groups you want for those channels.

What kind of frequencies are you looking for and for what area?

cmance357

Thanks for the information, i guess i just have to get in there and mess with it.
I live in south western pa, (pittsbrugh area) and i am looking for any/all types of frequencies. i found what i am looking for frequency-wise on this website. but i will keep digging and hopefully i figure this out. Again thouhg thank you for your help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
the reason i am asking this is that my pro 106 claims it can store 39,000 frequencies is
a certain number of talk groups, i am slightly overwhelmed by this, if somone could give me hand to get me started understanding what i am dealing with here.
Thank you for any help.

To answer your question, click on this link and then click on "understanding object oriented memory", left side - third item down.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to RR.
Thank you for any help.
Main memory has 1852 blocks of storage and each of the 21 V-folders can also have same which is 38,892.

I set my V-folders for traveling motel to motel (one day of travel each). About 1400 blocks is the highest used.

BTW, a premium subscription to RR will allow Win500 to import from RR database.

fire386

Can someone please send me the link to the Win500 program? I have the scan cat lite and the program is complete crap for my radioshack pro-197. I want to have a reliable program to read and load frequencies properly to my scanner. Thanks

Highpockets

Status
Not open for further replies.