win500 Client for Android - Listen anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Anyone else interested in being able to run TWO instances of this app on their phone/tablet? If there were enough interest, maybe Art would be willing to develop and sell such an addition to his current super app!

I think it would be Uber nifty to be able to "slide" the scanner screen to display the secondary scanner, and "swipe" between the two back and forth as needed. :)

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I somehow killed my Win500 android app. It will now only work when on AWAY and when on the WiFi my scanner is connected to via LAN to the router. If I switch my Android phone from WiFi to 4G, I get a Timed Out Connecting To Host error.

To be clear here, I am not attempting to or using the HOME feature, where everything is routed through a WiFi network, I am set to using AWAY, and simply toggling off the WiFi RX on my phone. This is driving me crazy, have been trying to fix this for 6 hours with no luck. I use this thing for work, so not being able to get this running again will be a major PITA. I bought several Pro197 scanners just to use with this app, so I am in a bit of a bind. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There simply is no alternate to this app until Uniden comes out with their Siren app, which would require over $1000 in new scanner purchases.....ugh.

paul

bbachman

I will PM you I have been using the program since beta..
I am happy to help.

Barry

I somehow killed my Win500 android app. It will now only
work when on AWAY and when on the WiFi my scanner is connected to via LAN to the router. If I switch my Android phone from WiFi to 4G, I get a Timed Out Connecting To Host error.

To be clear here, I am not attempting to or using the HOME feature, where everything is routed through a WiFi network, I am set to using AWAY, and simply toggling off the WiFi RX on my phone. This is driving me crazy, have been trying to fix this for 6 hours with no luck. I use this thing for work, so not being able to get this running again will be a major PITA. I bought several Pro197 scanners just to use with this app, so I am in a bit of a bind. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There simply is no alternate to this app until Uniden comes out with their Siren app, which would require over $1000 in new scanner purchases.....ugh.

paul

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Works great in Chrome

Using ARC Welder, I now can remotely control my Pro-651/652's from.. my Mac :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 408

visegrip72

If anyone is interested, I uploaded a new version (1.3) to the website. It only adds a requested mute menu option and fixes a registration issues with copy/paste putting in hidden characters, like newlines. If you would not use the mute function and already registered, there is no need to upgrade.

Win500 Android Client

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Hey vise, how much would we the users/community have to come up with to persuade you to "create" an iOS version of this app, even if that means taking the time to coordinate with an iOS coder to do so? I know personally, I would have no issue paying/funding the cost of a new 536HP for a full featured working Win500 iOS app. :)

Maybe start a gofund me page if enough people are interested?

Paul

bbachman

Thank you for the update! I still use it frequently, however I haven't been too active in the forums recently. :)

Barry

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
Pawrock, if you go the webpage for Win500 for Android webpage and use the contact support email, he is very good about responding promptly. I have emailed him a few times and he always responded promptly.

visegrip72

New companion app

I've created a similar app for Whistler's next generation scanners. I'm not sure how many of you still use this app. I can update the color scheme or see if there is anything else needed, send me a pm or email if interested. Here's the thread about the other app.

Status
Not open for further replies.