WIN500 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I installed WIN500 into my Toshiba laptop, running Windows 7. For whatever reason, I start WIN500 and it goes right to the Windows there is a problem screen and I have to shut down the program. I have deleted and downloaded it under administrator, etc, and it still doesn't work. Meantime, I am running WIN500 on my desktop with Windows 7 with zero issues. Any ideas?

mdunning

I'm having the same problem. Win500 worked beautifully under WinXP. I've recently upgraded to Windows 7 and upon installing Win500 again, it will not run - I only get a message "Win500 Scanner Utility has stopped working." I've uninstalled/re-installed the FTDI USB drivers as specified on Starrsoft's page; I've re-installed the .NET framework. I can't seem to figure out why Win500 will not load.

ARC500 and PSREdit500 work fine.

w2xq

Mentor
Win500 v2.06 -- the current version -- installed on a 32-bit Win7 Asus EEE 1018P netbook purchased a week ago and it runs fine here. I didn't need the FTDI drivers. Just a thought. Perhaps you need to (1) uninstall the program, (2) clean up the registry, e.g., CCleaner, and (3) reboot before reinstalling. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.