Win500 debugging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone2000

I'd really like to help fix the problems I'm having with Win500 and RR database downloads. Are there any debugging facilities in Win500 that I can use to send useful tracings to the author? I did do a network sniff and it does seem to be truncating the response from RR after successfully logging in, but I don't know if the author wants to hear from users about such things?

DonS

There aren't any debugging facilities in Win500 that would help.

About the only thing I could suggest would be a capture of the network traffic between Win500 and RR - something compatible with Ethereal if you want me to look at it. Be advised, though, that your RR username and password will be included in that capture, in plain-text (the only exception is the "GetCountries" call at the start of the download process).

There's no way Win500 can be truncating the received data from RR, at least not at any point where you might see it in a network capture. Win500 sends an HTTP request to RR, and RR responds with HTTP data. Of course, the response must be formatted "correctly" or the underlying SOAP code (.NET in this case) won't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.