WIN500 Issues with PSR-500 "Nothing Enabled" Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

icomuser

Premium Subscriber
I am new to programming, so bear with me; I have had a PSR-500 for several years and now am trying Win500 with it. I am programming one bank at a time, one or two banks are trunked, and several are conventional.

I can get several banks programmed, but when I start to add more, the banks previously programmed show up as "Nothing Enabled" even though they were working before. It is if the new bank I just entered either erased the previous data in a bank I was not reprogramming or somehow the process of trying to add one bank deactivated the previous bank. The Boot Version is: F1.1, the Appl Version is U2.1
The DSP App Ver is 1.4
The DSP VOC Ver is 1.0
The CPU Firmware is VER 2.1

Any help would be appreciated. I did not have this issue when using my PSR-800 and the software which came with it. (I no longer have that radio.)

Thanks,

Icomuser

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am new to programming, so bear with me; I have had a PSR-500 for several years and now am trying Win500 with it. I am programming one bank at a time, one or two banks are trunked, and several are conventional.

I can get several banks programmed, but when I start to add more, the banks previously programmed show up as "Nothing Enabled" even though they were working before. It is if the new bank I just entered either erased the previous data in a bank I was not reprogramming or somehow the process of trying to add one bank deactivated the previous bank. The Boot Version is: F1.1, the Appl Version is U2.1
The DSP App Ver is 1.4
The DSP VOC Ver is 1.0

Any help would be appreciated. I did not have this issue when using my PSR-800 and the software which came with it. (I no longer have that radio.)

Thanks,

Icomuser

Everytime you write to the scanner from Win500, everything in the scanner is erased and replaced with (and ONLY with) what was in Win500 at the time of the "write".

"Read" from the scanner first, add what you need to in Win500, and then "write" back to the scanner.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Review

The DSP App Ver is 1.4
The DSP VOC Ver is 1.0

Thanks,

Icomuser

Since you are using Win500, I might be able to assist.

When you open up Win500, you should see the TSYS (trunking system) in the top section followed by various associated talk groups in the bottom section. When you import trunking systems, make sure you've mapped them to a scan list.

Here are some references for you to review: WIN500 - UtahRadio

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.