win500 license key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianfranks

Need some help, purchased license key for win500 and entered key, program says key was stored but everytime I open program it say that I am using trial version. using windows 8.1 any help is appreciated

eyes00only

It's been a long time since I did it but I remember the key is very long and it's best to copy & paste it. I'm sure someone else will pop in and help you.

JK

dlmartin01

Need some help, purchased license key for win500 and entered key, program says key was stored but everytime I open program it say that I am using trial version. using windows 8.1 any help is appreciated

Having the same problem with windows 8

baayers

Make sure your antivirus program is not interfering. I ran into a similar issue and discovered the problem was my antivirus program was mistaking my activation as a virus and shutting the application down before It could finish registering. If your antivirus program has a snooze or disable function I would engage that while you are entering your license key and then reenable it after you have successfully activated your program. I reported the false positive to Bitdefender and they corrected it in their program but I would not be surprised if a Nother antivirus is experiencing the same thing.

I helped a friend who upgraded to a new 8.1 system install his 500 software last weekend so I don't believe the issue is with the operating system.

baayers

Does the program need to be ran under administrative mode?

I have set up the Win500 program on more than a dozen computers with Windows 8 / 8.1 and have never needed to do the right click run as administrator option. Aside from the antivirus issue I mentioned in my other post I have never had any issues with activation.

RDGDigital

The reason Win500 recommends using copy & paste to enter the license key is that it is very sensitive to extra characters in the key. Even one extra space character at the end of the key can cause it to fail. I'd make sure the key is entered exactly as shown in the original email from Starsoft, and like I said it's best to copy & paste it into Win500.

Hope this helps.

rwier

I agree with eyesonly. Cut/Paste BOTH the NAME and KEY so it is EXACTLY the same as that which you received in the email verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.