Win500: No Counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterK33

Greetings!

I've read a bit around here, but didn't find an answer to my question...

I downloaded Win500 to my laptop to use with my GRE PSR 500, and it's been great! However, when I went to program in a trunking frequency from Massachusetts, I can pick "United States", then "Massachusetts", but no counties come back for me to choose from. Each time I try, I get an error message saying "The data returned by RadioReference.com shows no county information!"

One of my coworkers *is* able to get the counties, but I can't, and it's rather frustrating. I've deleted the files and "reinstalled" them to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem, or can anyone offer solutions? I get the same message with several other states, but not all...

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Just tried it, worked for me.. :unsure:
Wish I knew of a definitive solution for you... IDK.. I tried several states, Could it be ISP related or an Internet Security issue?? Try a different internet source/ temporarily disable antivrus?
Can you get this coworker to save the file or even try programing your radio on their machine. (Not a good fix obviously) Maybe just a temporary glitch that will go away if tried later.. After a cup of coffee or a reboot.. Hopefully.

MisterK33

Thanks for replying to my question!

I tried several other states in the meantime and some of them weren't coming up with the county searches as well (maybe half of the dozen I tried). I'll have to give it a go at home when I'm on a different ISP and see if that makes a difference like you suggested. Other options I'm considering are just trying another program, or resetting the laptop...

Thanks again!

MisterK33

Wow! Well, fortunately, it's working right now from home. Weird! But hey, at least it's working. I'll have to check again at work Monday to see if it was a one-time fluke. Otherwise I'll have to do all my updating from home. Not a huge deal, but I like working on it at work when I have some down time.

Thanks again!

MisterK33

Update: It might just be an ISP issue. I tried again a couple times at work so far this week to no avail. My coworker still doesn't have the issues I do! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.