Win500 / Pro 106 - Object Ids invalid or dup

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4TF

I searched, and tried every suggestion that I found and I'm still getting the annoying message -
"One or more Object IDs are duplicated or are not valid" when trying to upload my programming to the radio.

I have 4 systems. I numbered the systems 0000, 0001, 0002, and 0004

I then arranged all of my TGRPs in the order that I want them to appear in the radio. I numbered them from 0010 - 02960 (multiples of 10 to allow room for more TGRPs to be inserted in the future if need be. I then skipped a few numbers and a few TRRP-I's listed from 09100-9133.

I went to the "ALL OBJECTS" tab to be sure there are no duplicated ID and all TGR

I have found that when I highlight all the objects, right click, chose "reassign object ids" and I number then sequentially instead of in multiples of 10, the programming is accepted without fuss.

Is there a way around that? I would much rather the programming numbered the way I like with "place holders" built in to make it easy to expand with system growth.

Thanks

JoeyC

I don't think it is necessary to leave placeholders in for growth. If you need to add something in the future (I've done it a hundred times and I'm thinking the same way you are) simply add it in the position you want it in the programming, then go to ALL OBJECTS, highlight everything and reassign the object Ids again. It only takes a couple seconds.
But changing the step to 10 will accomplish what you want.

W4TF

your right. Looks like that's the way I will have to do it. I still like the idea of something like "County X is from 1-100" and "County Y is from 101-200" etc...

But, it is what it is...

JoeyC

to be honest, I tried reordering in multiples of 10 and every time I attempted I got the duplicate message and answered by letting win500 "fix it" I am not sure why this happens. Maybe Don will see the thread and explain.

Highpockets

your right. Looks like that's the way I will have to do it. I still like the idea of something like "County X is from 1-100" and "County Y is from 101-200" etc...

But, it is what it is...

Actually I think you can do that to a point, if county X is one scan list (1), y is another (2), and z is another (3) go to the All Objects tab, Highlight all, first assort by scan list then Reassign Object ID's.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
What I'm seeing today reference this problem is an "Object ID" in the TGID list above 1852 causing this behavior......

Selecting all tg's in the list and then right clicking using renumber fixes it. (It does require picking a starting range where no other id's currently reside).

I'm not sure why this is and cannot find any documentation stating why.....

So renumbering group id's as mentioned works as long as the top number does not exceed 01852......

Paul

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.