WIN500 Pro106 Talkgroup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8zcc

I'm baffled and it might be because I can't do this.

I have a list of talk groups assigned to scan list 1. I've added a new TSYS object and I want to be able to share the existing list of talk groups with my new TSYS object.

In WIN500, on the TSYS Objects tab, I highlight the object that has all of the talk groups I want to share with my new TSYS object. I select them all and then in the scan list map, I check the scan list number assigned to the new TSYS object. Now all of the talk groups show two scan list values.

When I scan using the new object, none of my talk groups are recognized, every hit is a wild card hit. What am I doing wrong?

Bob

rwier

............... Now all of the talk groups show two scan list values........................

Bob

If you can post a "screen shot" of the "WIN500 TRS" screen/page, after the above, and before sending to the scanner, some of us, that are very familiar with the software, and the radio, can formulate more tightly focused responses, and/or questions for you.

Thanks,
Rob

W6KRU

It sounds like you are trying to assign TGs to multiple TSYSs. That will not work because the scanner will not know which TSYS to select for a given TG.

n8zcc

I tried to attached a Word document with the screen shots but the forum told me it was an invalid file..

Last edited:

n8zcc

It sounds like you are trying to assign TGs to multiple TSYSs. That will not work because the scanner will not know which TSYS to select for a given TG.

That is what I am trying to do.

What is the work-a-round, copy and past the talk groups?

If this is the case, then what is the scan list map used for?

W6KRU

That is what I am trying to do.

What is the work-a-round, copy and past the talk groups?

If this is the case, then what is the scan list map used for?

Yes, you can copy and paste the TGs between TSYSs. The map is for assigning TGs to multiple scanlists.

n8zcc

The map is for assigning TGs to multiple scanlists.

I got to say, pardon me for have a mental block, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this, and after I though I understood it. What you quoted is what I want to do.

While reading about the scan list implementation in the PRO-106, I found this:

"The PRO106’s OOUI allows you to program many more trunked systems into the radio, and, with proper use of the Scan Lists you can pick and choose the channels or talk groups you want, in many different combinations."

This is saying the same thing you quoted, good news for me because this is exactly what I want to do. The method I used to implement this didn't work. So may be the better question is how do I implement this?

I have programmed in two different TSYS objects, one a single MSPSCS tower, and two, all of the MSPSCS towers around SE Michigan.

I want to associate the list of talk groups I have with both TSYS objects. Currently, all of the talk groups are associated to the first TSYS object, using the scan list, I add the second TSYS object to the talk groups. If this is the way it works, it don't!.

Bob

W6KRU

A TG can belong to multiple scanlists but a TG can't be assigned to multiple TSYSs. If a TG was assigned to two TSYSs, what frequency would the scanner use for the control channel to look for a channel grant to determine the correct frequency for the voice channel?

What might work for you depending on the system configuration, is Multi-site which allows you to put multiple transmitting sites in the same TSYS. Look at the following link for information on Multi-site:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

n8zcc

A TG can belong to multiple scanlists but a TG can't be assigned to multiple TSYSs. If a TG was assigned to two TSYSs, what frequency would the scanner use for the control channel to look for a channel grant to determine the correct frequency for the voice channel?

What might work for you depending on the system configuration, is Multi-site which allows you to put multiple transmitting sites in the same TSYS. Look at the following link for information on Multi-site:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Click!

That was the sound of the light bulb in my head turning on. I forgot what I knew. The TG is the item being scanned and its attribute is the TSYS object which defines the frequencies or in this case, the control channels.

If I would have thought through this I would have realized I only need one TSYS object with all of the control channels for the area of interest.

Got it!

Thanks for the help Danny.

W6KRU

I'm glad to help Robert. Setting up multi-site can be a little confusing but it is a powerful tool when done correctly.

Highpockets

Click!

That was the sound of the light bulb in my head turning on. I forgot what I knew. The TG is the item being scanned and its attribute is the TSYS object which defines the frequencies or in this case, the control channels.

If I would have thought through this I would have realized I only need one TSYS object with all of the control channels for the area of interest.

Got it!

Thanks for the help Danny.

Here is a quick (Example) import from RR. Broke down into 3 scan lists, 1 conventional, 2 from one TYSY that has 3 sites from Oakland.

Last edited:

n8zcc

Here is a quick (Example) import from RR. Broke down into 3 scan lists, 1 conventional, 2 from one TYSY that has 3 sites from Oakland.

Thank you very much, this really helped me get a stronger understanding of scan lists.

I haven't messed around with this scanner since last winter and I forgot so much.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.