Win500 Remote Monitoring Client (Need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i am trying to get the remote client working i understand ports but server address
field what do you enter your Ip Address ? only local server on server on the internet
i want my news friend to be-able to connect to my PSR500 radio he is using a cricket internet wireless connection and has win500 installed

In The Server Address Field What do i put there i tryed my ip addsress and it did not work

Attachments

• win500.jpg
    win500.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,001

W2PMX

"localhost" is the computer the program is running on - no other computer can access "localhost" (or 127.0.0.1) on another computer.

You need two things - your external IP address (you can get it by going to What's My IP Address) and, if you use a router (or your modem does address translation), the port that you're using (8086 in the case of the picture in your post), to forward that port to your computer's internal IP address (probably one starting with 10, 172 or 192) in your router or modem. Then people connect to your external address.

If you need help setting up a server, try PortForward.com That's the definitive help site for that sort of thing (like RR is for scanning).

NYRHKY94

Excellent advice by W2PMX. The only other thing you will need to do once you have followed the advice above, is make sure to check the "enabled" box for the remote server under the Monitor/Control tab on the Win500 you have running on your end. If you want your friend to also control the scanner, then you will need to check that box as well.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks guys i went to my router firewall settings and enabled the port
now here is the deal i am connection inside my network to (192.168.1.67)
and control the radio from another Remote computer and it works

now i need to connect outside my network thru the internet to external IP (99.58.112.119) This IP address
Shows up at web site whatismyip.com and a few other sites confirm it and now i need to know what i need
a port forwarding software or do i just need to be network on a other ip address need a little input

Hay and thanks guy for the help so far

OCO

If you've already set port forwarding in the router to your internal win500 server, you should be good to go.
Two things:
1: Change the server IP setting to a static address if it is currently set for DHCP (and whatever you set it to, make sure the port forwarding address matches).
2: While you still have the opportunity (2 hours from the time of your post) edit out the external IP address in your last post - you might have more people running your scanner than you want.....

W2PMX

Also:

1) If you set up a static IP, check the IP range of the DHCP server in the router, and use an address outside that range (but in the 192.168.1 range).

2) Port forwarding is for people outside your network. You can connect to your server from another computer connected to your router without forwarding the port properly (or at all), so you can't test that yourself.

3) Port forwarding is done in the router - the only additional software you need is your web browser, to connect to the router (it's probably at 192.168.1.1) to set up the forwarding. If you go to portforward.com and choose your router (and any software), you'll see pictures of how to set up port forwarding for that router. Just use port 8086 (or whatever port you're using in the software) instead of the port number for the software you selected at the portforward site. (If your router asks for TCP or UDP, you should be able to select "both". If not, Win500 probably is using TCP.)

SCPD

QRT
i am still trying to get the port forwarding to work found a program *Simple Port Forwarding*
still having problems getting connections outside my network any one can help

if someone can pm me and use teamviewer.com app would like any help i can get

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone know if the client software will allow you to program or edit the data in your pro-197 with out putting a feed out there? I have programming that the general public can do without.
Standalone programming would be nice.

Thanks!

n9zas

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

gewecke said:
Does anyone know if the client software will allow you to program or edit the data in your pro-197 with out putting a feed out there? I have programming that the general public can do without.
Standalone programming would be nice.

Thanks!

n9zas

You are wanting the remote client to be able to access the programming of the scanner?

If so, do you mean like typing from the keypad, or being able to remotely control your session on Win500?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You are wanting the remote client to be able to access the programming of the scanner?

If so, do you mean like typing from the keypad, or being able to remotely control your session on Win500?

Programming from your pc? Just curious if the software would let me?

Thanks!
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.