Win500 test version

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS

I've created a test version of Win500 that might help with the RadioReference import times. You can download it from here.

The ZIP file linked to above contains only Win500.EXE. Extract that EXE on top of (overwriting) your current Win500.EXE file.

If you experience problems with this test version:
1. please let me know about them (a post in this thread would be good)
2. you can restore the "released" version of Win500 by just extracting Win500.EXE from the normal release ZIP

This version currently handles "errors" by silently aborting. That is, it won't tell you that your RR username/password are incorrect or that you don't have a premium membership.

This version does not require either my RRLib.DLL or Microsoft's .NET runtime. (The entire SOAP interface is contained within the EXE.)

DonS

a new version...

Same link as above.

Changes:
* shows authentication (username/password, premium subscription) errors at start of import process
* shows "progress" info when retrieving trunked system data
* tree control now includes site zone numbers, and sites are sorted by zone/number

The ZIP now includes an updated WinXXCommon.dll, instead of just the Win500 executable. This version of Win500 will require the new DLL.

If I don't hear anything "bad" about this version, I'm going to release new Win500, Win96, and Win97 versions that incorporate all of these changes.

DonS

I just tried the new one and it locked up right after the progress window that shows what is being transfered. I hope I explained that correctly.

When the progress window first appeared or at the end of the transfer (when the text was counting up talkgroups and the progress bar was "full")?

DonS

I just uploaded a new version (EXE time stamp 09:57 PDT) that may fix it. I think it has to do with the "double download" of systems that I sometimes see, and that should now be fixed.

DonS

I've removed the test version ZIP from the web site. Version 1.93 is now part of the main release.

Status
Not open for further replies.