Win500 vs Toshiba Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. STILL trying to figure out why WIN500 will not work on my Toshiba notebook. I have the Satellite u305-S2812 running Windows 7. Whenever I start WIN500, I get the loading screen, and then the dialog box that WIN500 has stopped and Windows is checking the problem. It always winds up closing down. Meantime, on my Dell Studio Slim with Windows 7, I have no problem. This is driving me nuts!

n5ims

There are many versions of Windows 7 out there so just saying "Windows 7" is only marginally helpful. Please provide more specifics like 32 or 64 bit versions, and which of "Starter", "Home Basic", "Home Premium", "Ultimate", "Professional", "Enterprise" each use. Also indicate if this OS was a factory install, an upgrade (and if upgrade, was this done in place or a total wipe clean and install). It may also be good to provide the type and speed of the processor and amount of memory installed. Since this version of the Toshiba Satellite generally shipped with Windows Vista, it may be important how the OS upgrade took place.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Joe, I have it running on WIndows 7 on my Dell with no problem. For N5IMS I'm running Windows 32 bit, the install was a clean install as the Toshiba was not made for the upgrade. I literally pulled Vista out and put 7 in. WIN500 was installed after I went from Vista to 7.

bezking

When you see that window there should be a "more information" or similar link. Click it, and take screenshots or something of the resulting info. It's really hard to figure out what the issue is with the information you're giving us. The hardware is almost guaranteed to be completely irrelevant in this situation (unless, of course, Don has something against computers made by microwave oven manufacturers :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.