WIN500 web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As of today, my Kaspersky anti-virus program will not allow me to view the Win500 web site.
This has never happened before.

Here is the KAV warning message:
Detected: HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win500///www.starrsoft - Denied

Anyone else having this problem?
Getting a slightly different warning, blocked at the firewall level, by Norton Internet Security. It's calling it an intrusion attempt, from this script:
"http://it168-com.china.com.cn.salesforce-com.buytheblender.ru:8080/sakura.ne.jp/sakura.ne.jp/dreamstime.com/chinaz.com/google.com.php"
which is was identified by Adblock Plus in Firefox.

The actual Win500 page loads, and I can download the current version if desired.

DonS

Those should be fixed.

In looking at the source for several of the default pages, there was some strange script I've never seen before at the bottom. I FTPed the pages from my local store, and the script is no longer there.

smason

Those should be fixed.

In looking at the source for several of the default pages, there was some strange script I've never seen before at the bottom. I FTPed the pages from my local store, and the script is no longer there.

You may want to keep an eye on that, and get your web host to patch their systems.

tobarger

Sounds like a hack job.
Thanks for fixing it Don.
Works good now.

Last edited:

TVT

Win500

I am having the same problem. When I try to download it the screen strobes on and off until I have to restart my computer. I have disabled Norton 360, that does not help. I am running Windows XP SP3. Any idea's????

Status
Not open for further replies.