win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
If you purchased win500 is it necessary to download the newest version? when I downloaded the program in dec-2011 it was version 0.2.0.5, now there is version 0.2.0.6. Is there a difference, and if so, how do you update it? any help would be appreciated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
If you purchased win500 is it necessary to download the newest version? when I downloaded the program in dec-2011 it was version 0.2.0.5, now there is version 0.2.0.6. Is there a difference, and if so, how do you update it? any help would be appreciated.

Keep any scanning files you have created and saved to your computer in a safe place, delete the files from the earlier version, and download and un-zip the new ones. You may need to enter your registration key again when you run the new version the first time.

The Win500 programs do not install anything on your computer, they just run as they are - so there is no "un-install process" so to speak, just delete the old files.

It's always best to have the newest version for bug fixes, new features, etc.

As far as what the difference is, it's posted on the Win500 website:

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Last edited:

pathalogical

Make sure have your registration key BEFORE you delete any version of win500. You WILL need the key. There have been many threads of "I lost my key......" otherwise it will assume you are trying it for the free 30 day period. No key, no 31st day.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I replaced the old win500 with the updated one and put in my username and password that I was given, I actually copied and pasted it and it says username and password invalid. What am I doing wrong here

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok so I replaced the old win500 with the updated one and put in my username and password that I was given, I actually copied and pasted it and it says username and password invalid. What am I doing wrong here

Did you use the correct information?

The registration info is usually sent as 2 lines:

Name:
Key:

The "Name" line is usually long, made up of your name, email, and address.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
fxdscon

I did copy & paste the long one into the username & the numbered one into the password. Do you have to pay the 35 dollars every time you upgrade. This is the same copy & paste I used when I purchased the program in december and it worked fine. maybe I dont know how to do the upgrade properly. I went to the win500 site and clicked download, then save, then unzipped the program. it asked me if I wanted to replace the already existing program & I said yes to all. Does this sound right?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I did copy & paste the long one into the username & the numbered one into the password. Do you have to pay the 35 dollars every time you upgrade. This is the same copy & paste I used when I purchased the program in december and it worked fine. maybe I dont know how to do the upgrade properly. I went to the win500 site and clicked download, then save, then unzipped the program. it asked me if I wanted to replace the already existing program & I said yes to all. Does this sound right?

No, The $35 is a one time fee.

I just updated to the latest version on my laptop, and had no problem.

It is just a matter of downloading and unzipping the new version. That's all I've ever had to do.

Are you sure that you downloaded from this page?

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Version 2.06 at the top left side of the page.

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
hmm

Well I just did the same thing on my work computer and it works fine. I think on my home computer, I typed the user name and password into the wrong slots. I made the mistake of clicking remember me all of the time, now I cant get it to go away. Even if I reboot it still remembers what I typed in the first time. I uncheck the remember me box but it makes no difference.

rwier

Well I just did the same thing on my work computer and it works fine. I think on my home computer, I typed the user name and password into the wrong slots. I made the mistake of clicking remember me all of the time, now I cant get it to go away. Even if I reboot it still remembers what I typed in the first time. I uncheck the remember me box but it makes no difference.

I've never had a problem overriding a "bad" saved password. Highlight the bad, and type in the good. If it works, do it again with the "save" checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.