Win96 Burlco frustration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELCOLHFC

Once again I need help.
Just downloaded Win96 and am attempting to program Burlco, but.........
after I program all three lo/hi/base/offset/steps in extended tables and then click on either 3600 UHF or 9600 UHF in the same extended tables box it reverts back to the original settings. What am I missing here?
Also I don't see in the database if it is a 3600 or a 9600 system?

Some days I think computers and I don't get along, then other days I know it!

Thanks,
Tom

DELCOLHFC

Thanks for the help but I'm still lost :oops:

From reading other posts on this subject I was under the impression that I had to enter all three sets under "multi table" and if I click on custom table it only has room for one set.

Do I need Win96 for dummies or what?

Thanks again,
Tom

W2SJW

Database Admin
Here's my NJ #2 v-folder. I've got it set up with all site's CC's only in Bank #4. This ought to get you started on the right track...

BTW - a shameless plug here - it pays to join the PhilComm scanner guide. Joe's latest update for BurlCo has every late-breaking TGID for this system in there, and trust me, it's a grand-total of ID's WAY above what you see here in the databse. It's well worth the small amount he charges to join. www.phillyscanner.com

:arrow: This .p96 file has only the TGID's from here in the database. Due to copyright, I can't post my fully-loaded one...

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for the plug and honoring the copyrights! I do my best to keep the e-book current and accurate. In fact I will have a bunch more talkgroups added for the next update!

Last edited:

HillbillyUHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Startin' at MILEPOST ZERO to ALL POINTS of the com
jcardani said:
Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for the plug and honoring the coprights! I do my best to keep the e-book current and accurate. In fact I will have a bunch more talkgroups added for the next update!
Hiya JOE!
Long time no speak!Listen I got a quick question fer ya.Are your old (1996) scanner master pages (the info on those pages) copyrighted?Meaning to say can some one copy them verbatum and post them on these here message boards?Hope all is well Joe & Take Care!
Thanks
HillbillyUHF

Joseph11

The page in question is this one. It's quite old, and I would never post anything from your current eBook.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Hillbilly and Joseph11,

Sure not problem to post excerpts of the old stuff. Please don't use the new stuff, there's alot of work involved with obtaining the information and keeping contacts, so forth.

thanks!

HillbillyUHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Startin' at MILEPOST ZERO to ALL POINTS of the com
jcardani said:
Hi Hillbilly and Joseph11,

Sure not problem to post excerpts of the old stuff. Please don't use the new stuff, there's alot of work involved with obtaining the information and keeping contacts, so forth.

thanks!
Thanks Joe!for the GUIDENCE,Alot of newbies & younger scannerheads will all be on the right path now in regards to stuff you have a copyright on.Good to hear from ya here again.Keep up the good work down there in South NJ!
Always a Pleasure fer shure.
Hillbilly
East Bound & Down

W2SJW

Database Admin
jcardani said:
Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for the plug and honoring the copyrights! I do my best to keep the e-book current and accurate. In fact I will have a bunch more talkgroups added for the next update!

Damn glad I bought the 396 to handle all these new systems! I also finally struck a deal to unload my Pro-96 - a straight-trade with a buddy for a like-new VHF MT2000 w/the full upgraded face & 160 channel capability (been wanting one of those for years!).

Looks like the forum upgrade lost the attached file from yesterday. Here it is again...

Last edited:

DELCOLHFC

It works!

Thank you to all that responded. My home PC has copped a bad attitude about opening that file (we really don't get along, I think it knows that it is smarter than I am) but I went back into win96 and fiddled around with the programming I had done and now it works! The most frustrating part of the whole adventure is that I have to load the program at home, where I can't recieve the cc's and come to work to see if it works. Here in Philly at work I am able to recieve the NW and NC cc's and comms are comming in great.

W2SJW, I took your advice and bought the Phillyscanner e-book, WOW thats alot of info! Joe Cardani has really put together a wealth of detailed local system information, well worth the cost!

Thanks again for all the responses,
Tom

Last edited:

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words!

BTW I added more Burlington County talkgroups to the e-book and it should be available online today (as soon as Scanner Master releases the uploaded files to production).

thanks,

Joe

bigreddawg76

Premium Subscriber
I know it's been said before but let me add my 2 cents: Joe's guidebook is the BEST $19.95 a year I spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.