Win96 import problem trunked systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtor72

I am having a problem with win96 importing trunked systems, it does conventional just fine.
It starts to import the trunk system after close to 5 minutes, (used to take seconds)
then i get a pop up that says something about a second win96 running.
I do see two win96exe in task manger, but if I close either one it closes the program.
Anyone else run into this issue? I have V1.66 thanks for any help. Mike

SCPD

QRT
ALSO READ THIS!!:)

IMPORTANT: Win96 v1.61 (and later) requires Microsoft's .NET runtime. If you do not have .NET installed (usually indicated by "DLL errors" when you try to run Win96), you can get .NET 1.1 from Microsoft via this link.
NOTE: As of 17:28 PDT 31 July 2009, the new "RRLib.dll" file has changed to fix a problem with trunking system imports. I did not increase the main program's version number. You can either download the new version of the DLL via this link, extracting the DLL from the ZIP file into the directory on your machine where that file currently resides, or you can re-download the entire program via the link above

gtor72

as far as I know I have all the latest versions of everything, I dont get any dll errors, it just wont open the whole trunked system. trying to open the state of michigan trunked system

DonS

I just tried importing the MPSCS here, using Win96 1.66. It worked fine, though it did take a couple of minutes (3 or 4) to populate the import dialog's display after I selected that system in the drop-down.

The reason it takes so much longer than it used to is due to the new web service interface. What used to come over fairly quickly in one large block of XML data (system info, sites, talkgroup categories, talkgroups) now requires a bi-directional "conversation" with the RR server.

hoser147

The reason it takes so much longer than it used to is due to the new web service interface. What used to come over fairly quickly in one large block of XML data (system info, sites, talkgroup categories, talkgroups) now requires a bi-directional "conversation" with the RR server.

Don thanks for including this in your post, I was wondering what the deal was as it takes alot longer then in the past.

gtor72

win96

ok got that part, here is a screenshot of what is happening to me....at this point it freezes up and wont do anything i use taskmaster to shut it down. thanks for the reply Don

Attachments

• win96 screenshot.jpg
    win96 screenshot.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 317

hoser147

Not sure, but do you have 2 incidents of RR running? One thru Fire fox plus Win96?

Edit: Is it freezing up before you check the Sites and talkgroups?

Last edited:

gtor72

it freezes just as the sites and talkgroups appear, also windows task manager shows two win96.exe running, but if I close just one of them it shuts them both down and I have to restart win96
Got me, strange problem....
I get the conventional frequencies just fine in win96

jleverin

I had problems with Win 96 downloads from here too, even though there were no problems with Win97 downloads. Everyone says "oh should be easy" Yeah, if you can download the file but mine won't do that.
So I ended up entering frequencies by hand, still worked but took more time...

gtor72

I give up, tried deleting and reinstalling same issue.....for whatever reason it shows two win96exe running in taskmanager, still freezes up....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Here's a thought - there's a new DLL you need to install along with the new version of Win96. Did you download and install it? Maybe that's part of your issue? 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.