win96 import

Status
Not open for further replies.

code6

Premium Subscriber
Cant seem to import conventional freqs from data base with win96

I get a message of "the data returned by radioreference.com contained no sub-category information" any ideas ?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
To correct (or to diagnose) problems we need the actual county/agency you are trying to download and the actual error message text you are getting from the program.

Please (if you know how) supply a link to the county/agency page, and wrap the copy/paste of the error message with a "CODE" block.

Supply that and we can see if the problem is on our side or what.

code6

Premium Subscriber
The error message is in the above post, this appears at county selection box on the start screen. trunked systems import with no problems. thanks
system trying to import is LA, CA. LAPD

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I will repeat, copy/paste the entire error message, don't retype it. Wrap it an a CODE block (see the icons on the message edit page).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Update

I tried do access the LAPD information, although I got the same error message, I was still able to access the data. If you look at the LA County page you will note that it has no data on it; becuase of that you must choose an agency to download.

code6

Premium Subscriber
loumaag said:
I tried do access the LAPD information, although I got the same error message, I was still able to access the data. If you look at the LA County page you will note that it has no data on it; becuase of that you must choose an agency to download.
OK the info you gave worked but I cant get it to load to win96 data base.Once I select
the info I want to download I select the done promt and nothing is transferred to win96.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
code6 said:
OK the info you gave worked but I cant get it to load to win96 data base.Once I select
the info I want to download I select the done promt and nothing is transferred to win96.
"Done" means you are finished and want to quit the import process. Try clicking the import button at the bottom of the screen.

code6

Premium Subscriber
loumaag said:
"Done" means you are finished and want to quit the import process. Try clicking the import button at the bottom of the screen.
There is no import tab on the screen only done, start , write xml file,read xml file.
thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Your welcome to the help; however, if you take a look at the attached image you will see that you are mistaken. There is indeed an import button at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

scnnr

What is your display size set at on your computer. If you have it set at 600x800 you won't see the "Import Seclected Files " on your screen.

Last edited:

wltrsf

DPI settings

A hint for others who may have trouble like I did, under "display properties" click on advanced,and make sure DPI settings is on normal(96) someone (not me!) had changed mine to 128 which made the import button invisible even thogh my screen resolution was correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.