Win96 program question with NAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2JDS

I've recently noticed when using RR import with Win96 (V01.66), when it imports a P25 NAC, it gets the correct NAC placed in the CT/DC spot, but it sets the RX mode as DC instead of MOT.
For that Bank, I have it set as MOT. That particular bank has both P25 channels as well as analog.
I can manually go in and change it with Win96, but think that the import should do this automatically, or am i doing something wrong?

i may be wrong,but i dont think the 96 can decode the NACs,,you may be abel to enter the codes,thats why it may auto switch to DC,or CT.
one of the reasons i bumped from the 96 to the 106,,More Stuff to fiddle with!

N2JDS

Duh, that makes sense. I wonder why it won't switch to MOT though, instead it sets it as DC. I'd think it must be in the programming code sent from RR to Win96

SCPD

QRT
unless the system you are programming is a MOTO system program the frequencies IN FM mode. if any pl/dpl are eneteer it will NOT trunk correctly The 96 DOES NOT support NACS

scnnr

unless the system you are programming is a MOTO system program the frequencies IN FM mode. if any pl/dpl are eneteer it will NOT trunk correctly The 96 DOES NOT support NACS

Just a little added comment. If it is a 'conventional' frequency program in as FM as pointed out above so it will scan that frequency and stop on it and decode it as a digital transmission .. When active it should pop up as DG or Dg up on the top display of the scanner, depending on if you have AGC enabled or not.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

DC = DCS squelched, a mode you can select when programming.

DG = Digital voice, a mode the scanner displays when receiving a digital voice transmission in either trunked or conventional mode.

FM = The mode you must select on a PRO-96/2096 for the scanner to be able to decode digital voice in conventional mode.

MO = The mode you must select on a PRO-96/2096 for the scanner to be able to track Motorola or P25 trunking. When tracking correctly, the scanner will also decode digital voice on either type of trunked system. (This is what causes a lot of confusion for newbies because P25 trunking is not only Motorola.)

Status
Not open for further replies.