Win96 software with Pro96:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair

Hi,

I recently programmed my Pro96 with Win96 and everything went thru fine but when I started listneing to the scanner I noticed it read "VC" on the second line of the scanner's screen right before the frequency.

Does that mean it has switched to the virtual folder and not using the banks I filled? It is scanning the 7 banks I used but doesnt show them up as banks during the transmissions.

Also on the Win96 screen my banks dont show what I have entered but everything shows on the bottom right under the channel tab but I would like to have it show on the big one on the top left. Is it possible to change it?

Thanks for anyone's help?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I recently programmed my Pro96 with Win96 and everything went thru fine but when I started listneing to the scanner I noticed it read "VC" on the second line of the scanner's screen right before the frequency.

Does that mean it has switched to the virtual folder and not using the banks I filled? It is scanning the 7 banks I used but doesnt show them up as banks during the transmissions.

Also on the Win96 screen my banks dont show what I have entered but everything shows on the bottom right under the channel tab but I would like to have it show on the big one on the top left. Is it possible to change it?

Thanks for anyone's help?

I think VC in the display just indicates "voice channel" but it has been a while since I've used the Pro96 so I may be way off!

edit: can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about with the way things are displaying in Win96? I'm not understanding your question.

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
In WIin96, when you program a trunked system, only the trunked systems frequencies will display in the larger left window. The left window should also display the system name for each of the systems frequencies. At least mine does but I may have manually edited them in Win96. It has been a while since I messed with it or the radio.

Then when displaying the bank (under the channels tab) that is a trunked system, the smaller lower right window will show the systems TalkGroups.

For banks with no Trunked systems, everything will be in the larger left window and the smaller right window should show the grid but no data.
On trunked system banks, if the right smaller window is not showing any talkgroups under any of its 5 selections, that would indicate that you forgot to check the talkgroups you wanted when you did the import.

The smaller right window is for talkgroups only and talkgroups do not contain any frequencies so that is why they are in a seperate window.

I think this is what you were talking about in your post and if they can be reversed.
The answer is no, they cannot be reversed to my knowledge.
That makes sense figuring a bank can have 50 entries but a talkgroup bank can only have 30 entries so that would explain why the right window is smaller.

About all you can do is drag the window size larger to see everything as long as your monitor will support a high enough resolution which most should. You can also change the font size and type and row height but that is about it.

If this does not answer your question, then try and post a screenshot showing the screen you are talking about.

Flair

attachment.php

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
This may help...

Kruser is correct: VC stands for voice channel.

Check out the pdf attachment. This is an excellent PRO-96 reference--it was created by Don Starr, and I use it often.

Attachments

• PRO-96display.pdf
    175.6 KB · Views: 261

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Kruser is correct: VC stands for voice channel.

Check out the pdf attachment. This is an excellent PRO-96 reference--it was created by Don Starr, and I use it often.

I'd forgotten all about this pdf! Thanks for the reminder.
It also comes in handy for the older analog models like the Pro 93 if you ignore the digital symbols or abbreviations as the display did not change much between the analog models and the digital 96.

I remember now that someone made a pdf years ago with the same info for the display but for the 93 or 95 when they were popular. It was probably Don that did that one also.

Flair

I really like the Win96 software but I like the templates on Arc96. Is it possible to use both Win96 and Arc96 for the same scanner?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.