Win96

Status
Not open for further replies.

varstrom

I am trying to do the web import from RR and I type in my username, password, then start. It then asks me to pick a country, state, and county and I click start and the system just hangs. RR is running in the background, the address is set to "xml1.1". Do I have to have my scanner hooked up for this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
"then start. It then asks me to pick a country, state, and county and I click start"
What do you mean with the last start?

"Do I have to have my scanner hooked up for this to work?"
No you don't.

Last edited:

seamusg

varstrom said:
I am trying to do the web import from RR and I type in my username, password, then start. It then asks me to pick a country, state, and county and I click start and the system just hangs. RR is running in the background, the address is set to "xml1.1". Do I have to have my scanner hooked up for this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
You don't have to have the scanner on for the download function to work. After you click start it asks you for Country State and county and if you click on start again it takes you back to the same question. It's not going to bring you to the RR database screen, you must answer the questions in order that they are highlighted ie. Country then State then County - then wait for the rest of the frorm to be filled.

varstrom

Ok, I got it working, but before I click on what I want to import, do the freqs I pick import directly in my Win96 program and then all I have to do is upload it to my scanner? I just want to make sure before I go ahead and do this.

Thanks.

seamusg

varstrom said:
Ok, I got it working, but before I click on what I want to import, do the freqs I pick import directly in my Win96 program and then all I have to do is upload it to my scanner? I just want to make sure before I go ahead and do this.

Thanks.
They go to the program and if you want you can edit them before you upload. You're not going to hurt anything, if you make a mistake, you can just redo it. Just play with it till get the way you want it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
seamusg said:
They go to the program and if you want you can edit them before you upload. You're not going to hurt anything, if you make a mistake, you can just redo it. Just play with it till get the way you want it.
To be safe, import into a blank template, that way you don't lose anything by overwriting something you may have in the current template.

seamusg

loumaag said:
To be safe, import into a blank template, that way you don't lose anything by overwriting something you may have in the current template.
It's always a good idea to download your current scanner set up and save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.