Win97 and 139.8125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevemp

Premium Subscriber
I have a PSR-300 V G1.07. When I manually input 139.8125 in the scanner and set mode to FM, it saves. When I download to Win97 V1.27 I see the channel as input. When I try to edit, move or save, Win97 changes frequency to 139.825. It seems the step in the radio and software does not match.

This is a NFM frequency, I assume if I have the correct frequency I will here traffic with mode set to FM, is this safe to assume? When it is rounded up to 825 I hear noise I think. Can only listen at air shows (a couple of times a year), not sure if I hear anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

DonS

That's a mismatch between the scanner's frequency tables and Win97's. I'm fixing/verifying all of Win97's PSR-300/PRO-164 steps now, and will upload a new version of Win97 soon.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
DonS, where there many of these type of changes? I am just wondering the value of upgrading immediately. I don't recall running in to any of these issues.

DonS

DonS, where there many of these type of changes? I am just wondering the value of upgrading immediately. I don't recall running in to any of these issues.

There were a few of them - counting both step size changes and range limits, there were about (without doing a diff on the code) 5 modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.