Win97 and Trunking, screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecryar

My first attempt at programming the one trunking system I would like to listen to around here. What am I doing wrong? I tried to read alot of other threads in the forums, Pro-2055. Mot type II system, far as I know. Albertville AL PD and FD. Thanks!

Attachments

• win97screen.jpg
    win97screen.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,166

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
My first attempt at programming the one trunking system I would like to listen to around here. What am I doing wrong? I tried to read alot of other threads in the forums, Pro-2055. Mot type II system, far as I know. Albertville AL PD and FD. Thanks!

It is a Motorola Type II, but...

If you look at your system Albertville Police & Fire Trunking System, Albertville, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies you will notice that Albertville police dispatch and tac as well as fire dispatch and fire ground groups have a "D" under mode.
This means they are digital and the 2055 does not decode digital APCO-25 Common Air Interface.

This system has rebanded. As previously stated in your last thread, http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/228401-pro-2055-a.html, the Pro-2055 may not support rebanding. Even if you can receive this system you can not decode digital signals with an analog scanner. This scanner is too outdated to do you any good here.

Last edited:

joecryar

son of a w****, you're right. didn't notice that part. I gathered from what i've read up until now that I could still hear them. Crap. Ooookay...so I'll just play with everything BUT them for now then.

So, If they weren't digital, did i at least program it correctly?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually it would be more correct to say that the 2055 cannot be modified for rebanding. Briefly put, if all the frequencies in a system have a '5' in the fourth decimal position, the bandplan the scanner already has may well work, so a little reprogramming is all that would be needed. If any of them have a zero - as 2 or 3 of the frequencies in this system do - the scanner cannot recognize that bandplan, and would miss conversations.

That's yet another good project for 2012 for the wiki - cleaning up the descriptions of whether a scanner can/cannot support rebanding. Unfortunately it's at least partially responsible for perpetuating this error.

best regards..Mike

phoenix

Do NOT select the "DELAY" function with a trunking system frequencies digital or otherwise. ...and not to beat that "dead horse"... the Pro-2055 will not track a "rebanded" system.

So, If they weren't digital, did i at least program it correctly?[/QUOTE]

Robert_Boydd

Just wondering why you would not want to have delay set?
I listen to a Mot type1 system and want to hear more than one of the users so I have a large delay set so I can follow the conversation, then continue scanning.
It seemed correct to me, but I dunno!

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Its all in personal preference.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Do NOT select the "DELAY" function with a trunking system frequencies digital or otherwise.
It's superfluous, the scanner will ignore the setting.

Robert_Boydd said:
Just wondering why you would not want to have delay set
You do want it set, but the delay time for TGs seems to be fixed for this model. The PSR-310/410 does have the setting, and it is variable and on a per channel basis!

joecryar

Thanks guys, but all I was asking, was according to the screenshot, is if I put the right freq and tags, etc., in the correct places. Lets forget about rebanding and digital/analog for a moment, please. Ultimately I just wanted to know if I filled out the correct boxes. If the system were not rebanded, would I have been able to follow it by the way i programmed it in the box I showed? with the exception of the delay, of course. I KNOW i cant follow it with this scanner, I did my research after the rebanding was pointed out to me. But later on when I do get the proper equipment, I would just like to know that I am programming it correctly without having to ask newbie questions all over again.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
For a PRO-2055

You a programming a MOTOROLA type trunked system, no need to leave channel 000 blank. The issue of leaving it blank applies to other types of trunked systems.

No need to lock out unprogrammed frequencies. It will make it tougher to locate a programmed frequency you have locked out and want to unlock.

You programmed a handful of TalkGroups. I assume that those are the ONLY TGs you want to receive. If so, you need to check the box "CLOSED" to close the bank. Leaving the bank open will cause the scanner to stop on any TGs on the system, not just what you've programmed.

You left the text tags for the control channel frequencies "unprogrammed". I program mine with the system name and channel number. For example "City 1-1", "City 1-2", etc. This is displayed when the scanner stops on a voice channel. It can be used to extend or enhance your channel descriptions.

It looks like you have programmed the section marked "base freq". It has no function since you are programming MOT 800 system with normal band plan AND this is a PRO-2055. That section would be needed for a MOT UHF system (400 MHz band).

joecryar

Thank you! This is ultimately what I needed to know, although finding out I couldn't hear what I wanted anyway was a good find too, so i'm not so disappointed. I've never used Win97 before, let alone program trunking systems. The last time I picked up a scanner at all, it was the 90's, and it was a SC150, which was pretty much the scanner to have in that day. Now? geesh. I better keep reading up on this new tech stuff. Long way to catch up...LOL Thanks again everyone!

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, but all I was asking, was according to the screenshot, is if I put the right freq and tags, etc., in the correct places. Lets forget about rebanding and digital/analog for a moment, please. Ultimately I just wanted to know if I filled out the correct boxes. If the system were not rebanded, would I have been able to follow it by the way i programmed it in the box I showed? with the exception of the delay, of course. I KNOW i cant follow it with this scanner, I did my research after the rebanding was pointed out to me. But later on when I do get the proper equipment, I would just like to know that I am programming it correctly without having to ask newbie questions all over again.

Yes. In answer to your original question you are programming it correctly with the only exception being: Up in the top right hand corner where it says to enter "Trunking tables for a VHF/UHF system. Just leave that at default. That does not apply to an 800 Mhz system.

Status
Not open for further replies.