Win97 - Can't hear trunked 800 frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
I am using Win97 to program my GRE PSR-400 scanner, with the data that I downloaded from Radio Reference. All of my banks containing conventional frequencies are fine. But, all of the Banks containing "800" trunked data are completely quiet. I was told about the "rebanding" switch in the settings and did change that. However, everything is still silent on those banks. Everything in my area is analog by the way, in case there is any question in those regards. Any ideas? Dave

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am using Win97 to program my GRE PSR-400 scanner, with the data that I downloaded from Radio Reference. All of my banks containing conventional frequencies are fine. But, all of the Banks containing "800" trunked data are completely quiet. I was told about the "rebanding" switch in the settings and did change that. However, everything is still silent on those banks. Everything in my area is analog by the way, in case there is any question in those regards. Any ideas? Dave
Which system are you trying to program?

Many of the agencies in your area have moved here, which is a digital system your scanner cannot decode. That includes Houston Police & Fire, also some of the Harris County agencies, among others.

If you're looking at this system, then, yes, your PSR-400 should receive it. If you downloaded the information via web import, it should have also set the rebanding tables. However, there are some cities that have moved, or in the process of moving, to the digital system, but not all the talkgroups have been identified and entered in the database yet (at least, that's what it appears from various posts in the Texas forum, and on the HoustonScan group).

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding Issue?

Which system are you trying to program?

Many of the agencies in your area have moved here, which is a digital system your scanner cannot decode. That includes Houston Police & Fire, also some of the Harris County agencies, among others.

If you're looking at this system, then, yes, your PSR-400 should receive it. If you downloaded the information via web import, it should have also set the rebanding tables. However, there are some cities that have moved, or in the process of moving, to the digital system, but not all the talkgroups have been identified and entered in the database yet (at least, that's what it appears from various posts in the Texas forum, and on the HoustonScan group).

The later system is what I downloaded via web import to Win97. Not the entire system however; only the parts (talk groups) that I wanted to actually listen to. I checked when I was given the heads-up about the rebanding setting, and it didn't appear as though that was done in the downloaded info. So, I selected that option in the software, but still that made no difference; I still cannot hear anything on those channels/banks.

puzzleriddle

Can be updated to support Rebanding? YEShttp://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PSR-400 ya will need to get FW update to do re banding

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
So..To Recap...Can't Hear These "800" Trunked freqencies

I have tried to program, or send my data downloaded from Radio Reference via the web import feature in the Win97 software, to my GRE PSR-400 scanner. In banks 5 through 9 I have "800" trunked info, all analog talkgroups, but I cannot hear anything at all on those banks.

Perhaps a clue for those familiar with the PSR-400 is this: When the radio is scanning, if I turn off all of the other banks (0 through 4), I get a message to the effect that all channels are locked out. This is despite the fact that I have not turned off the banks containing the "800" talk groups (they still have the "+" under the bank number).

I am still looking for ideas or a solution if anyone has a clue? So who is the Win97 expert out there anyway? I know this has to be something real simple.

Dave

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
My data file

Here is my data file. The txt file will only work if you change the extension back to P97 from txt.

I included the file zipped as well, so one or the other should be readable.

Dave

Attachments

• DaveC_Scan030914.txt
    53.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DaveC_Scan030914.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 26

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
Possible Answer!

Here is my data file. The txt file will only work if you change the extension back to P97 from txt.

I included the file zipped as well, so one or the other should be readable.

Dave

I won't know until later when I go home and connect the scanner, but I may have figured out the problem! Was I supposed to be choosing any or all of the SITES, as well as my selected talk groups? I had not done that before. Now that I tried that, I have a funny feeling that perhaps this might work!

Dave

puzzleriddle

Just the site you receive the the best ( closest to you) unless your traveling & the TG associated with that site that you want to hear.

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
Sites and Talkgroups

Just the site you receive the the best ( closest to you) unless your traveling & the TG associated with that site that you want to hear.

I guess I'll just have to learn which sites are best for, or most used for the talkgroups I am listening to. I am obviously in the learning mode right now!

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
All is Working Fine Now!

Just thought I would post an update and say that everything is working now. Since including the Sites, as well as my Talkgroups, in my download from Radio Reference, that was the missing link!

Status
Not open for further replies.