Win97 error AFTER registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4UYV_Al

After my 30-day trial of Win97, I registered the software via paypal & received all the registration keys which were correctly entered & stored (according to the software)... Then I went to start Win97 and get the following error:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing,corrupt,or wrong version File "WinXXCommon.dll,error 126"

Any1 ever get this error?? If so, how did you correct it?? Or did I just donate 25 bucks for the use of a 30-day program...

Anyone know of other Pro-97 programs that are just as good?? Thanks

jf222

from the Win 96 page (Don Starr)
There have been two reports of startup crashes on Windows ME systems. An error message similar to this is presented: "cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version of file WinxxCommon.dll error 1157" UPDATE: This was tracked down to the use of an unzip utility that truncated the ZIP's file names 8.3 format. Use an unzip utility that preserves Windows' long file names.

N4UYV_Al

I ran Norton systemworks on my XP machine & discovered numerous DLL errors in Windows which it fixed...I uninstall Win97, clean it outa my machine & re-downloaded & installed..Works fine now but not sure if the new install is using the purchased version or if I'm back to the 30-day deal...Anyways, I can program the radio now so I'm happy..Thanks for the reply JF222.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
You should load the very same key that was emailed to you and still be able to use the software without having to purchase a second key.

Status
Not open for further replies.