win97 for MAC????

Status
Not open for further replies.

avflyguy

Is there a Mac/Apple version of win97 ?

I've only got one PC left - an old laptop - and it's on it's last leg...

Anybody know if there is a MAC equivalent anywhere?

grumpy_hermit

There isn't a Mac equivalent. You can use Apple's Boot Camp (free) to install and run windows natively if you have a fairly new Mac. That's how I run Win500 under Windows XP and it works quite nicely.

If you want to run Windows and Mac applications at the same time, without rebooting, you can install Windows using VMware or Parallels software. I've used VMware and it works okay but I switched to Boot Camp because I don't need Windows often enough to justify the additional expense of VMware.

jim202

There isn't a Mac equivalent. You can use Apple's Boot Camp (free) to install and run windows natively if you have a fairly new Mac. That's how I run Win500 under Windows XP and it works quite nicely.

If you want to run Windows and Mac applications at the same time, without rebooting, you can install Windows using VMware or Parallels software. I've used VMware and it works okay but I switched to Boot Camp because I don't need Windows often enough to justify the additional expense of VMware.

Being not a mac person, I have an old Mac laptop that I found. Is there a way to run DOS programs on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.