• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Win97 Money Order Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,786
Location
Lewis Center, OH
Does anyone have any experiences with sending a Money Order to Don Starr to get your key? I don't want to send one if it will take forever to receive a key. And please, don't reply and tell me not to use money order, because right now, it is my only option. Also, all he needs is your email address, and your name right? Thanks guys! :)
 

seamusg

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
2,181
Location
Grand Blanc, MI
KCChiefs9690 said:
Does anyone have any experiences with sending a Money Order to Don Starr to get your key? I don't want to send one if it will take forever to receive a key. And please, don't reply and tell me not to use money order, because right now, it is my only option. Also, all he needs is your email address, and your name right? Thanks guys! :)
I sent him a check and got my key back within a week (about right for snail mail). From what I've seen on this most of the trouble is the receiver's Email provider blocking Don's responce, or wrong email addresses.
 

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,786
Location
Lewis Center, OH
seamusg said:
I sent him a check and got my key back within a week (about right for snail mail). From what I've seen on this most of the trouble is the receiver's Email provider blocking Don's responce, or wrong email addresses.
Thanks for the reply. That's good to know, I will send him a money order tomorrow then. :)
 

seamusg

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
2,181
Location
Grand Blanc, MI
KCChiefs9690 said:
Thanks for the reply. That's good to know, I will send him a money order tomorrow then. :)
just watch out for your Email provider and what they do with what they think is spam, with mine it gives me a list of emails it put as spam, and I can go through the list for sender and subject before they are deleted. Some don't give you that option, and just block them.
 

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
1,786
Location
Lewis Center, OH
seamusg said:
just watch out for your Email provider and what they do with what they think is spam, with mine it gives me a list of emails it put as spam, and I can go through the list for sender and subject before they are deleted. Some don't give you that option, and just block them.
My provider is WOW cable witch uses Outlook Express and is great, because I just set it to "Send and Receive all", and it does just that. :)
 

VintageJon

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
569
Running QURB here, and I highly recommend it.

Allows you to view Spamhaus Rating and contents without ever opening the suspect.
Groovy!

-Jon
 

wally1000

Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
2
Don Starr

KCChiefs9690 said:
Does anyone have any experiences with sending a Money Order to Don Starr to get your key? I don't want to send one if it will take forever to receive a key. And please, don't reply and tell me not to use money order, because right now, it is my only option. Also, all he needs is your email address, and your name right? Thanks guys! :)
I'm curious...did you ever receive a key for Win97? I sent a money order two weeks ago today and haven't received a key. I've sent 2 emails, 1 requiring a receipt and still nothing! Most are getting an immediate key using PayPal, but I wasn't aware there was a problem with Don until after I mailed the money order. Win97 is a great program...hopefully he's just on vacation or something, but I'm starting to think I may be out $25.

Frank
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top