Win97 needed... but afraid to deal with Starr..

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JNW

I have a Pro-97, with which I am fixing to load up with new programming. I will be purchasing a Pro-97 cable from ShadioRack', sometime very soon. I have tried the free trial of Don Starr's Win97, and I fell in love with it.

My question to you guys is, is it worth the hassle to deal with Starr? I don't wanna get e-mugged, cause $25 bucks is alot of money to me these days. What can I do to protect myself? I will probably be paying for the software via debit card. But, If it might be any safer, I'd send in a money order.

What do I need to do guys? Like said, I don't wanna get emugged by this dude, and I know there have been numerous posts about him trying to screw folks, and I just don't want it to happen to me.

So please let me know something cause I need to get my Pro-97 programmed up soon, and like i said i dont want any hassles from this guy..

KG4LJF said:
I have a Pro-97, with which I am fixing to load up with new programming. I will be purchasing a Pro-97 cable from ShadioRack', sometime very soon. I have tried the free trial of Don Starr's Win97, and I fell in love with it.

My question to you guys is, is it worth the hassle to deal with Starr? I don't wanna get e-mugged, cause $25 bucks is alot of money to me these days. What can I do to protect myself? I will probably be paying for the software via debit card. But, If it might be any safer, I'd send in a money order.

What do I need to do guys? Like said, I don't wanna get emugged by this dude, and I know there have been numerous posts about him trying to screw folks, and I just don't want it to happen to me.

So please let me know something cause I need to get my Pro-97 programmed up soon, and like i said i dont want any hassles from this guy..

I highly doubt he is trying to screw anyone. From what I've read he has a family, a regular job, and a life. All that stuff comes before his side projects, and subsequently sometimes people have to wait.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I just read where others this week purchased Win96 via paypal with no issues, and the password came within 15 minutes.

James

Use Paypal, its free. If you don't get a key DISPUTE the charge. Don't send check or m.o.
Almost everyone who has reported a problem has either sent check, m.o., and in one case CASH.
Its not reasonable to believe he's trying to rip anyone off, it doesn't make any sense.
Most everyone paying with Paypal receives a key very quickly. I still believe those who don't aren't managing their spam filter, and in another case, sent payment snail, and admitted they didn't send a Email address.
Jim

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I bought Win97 and also have not had any problems. He's on this board from time to time. In my opinion his programs have added value to the radioshack scanners. He seems like a decent guy who enjoys this hobby.

Nasby

There is NO hassle. Pay the money and don't loose you password/key like all the whiners have and you will love program. Pay with paypal and you will have your key instantly.
Paul

Dubbin

Feed Provider
snjct2000 said:
There is NO hassle.

Oh but there has been these last few months. It seems that everyone that sent a check, MO or cash to him did not get what they paid for. Use paypal and there "shouldn't" be any problems.

davidd2957

I used paypal to get Win96 & Win97 with no problems at all. Just keep the key in a safe place, other than on your computer and you should be hassle free.
David D.

rpowley

I don't know if this is a temporary glitch or not; I just tried to get on Don's site and could not get in. I was just looking at a help file yesterday.

rpowley

rpowley said:
I don't know if this is a temporary glitch or not; I just tried to get on Don's site and could not get in. I was just looking at a help file yesterday.
I normally don't reply to my own post.....but Don's site is back up

N4JNW

I was on it yestorday browsing around...

I'll probably paypal it tomorrow and get 97.. then get my cable ordered...

Anyone know how long it takes RS to get the cable in after you order it?

N4JNW

Update

Ordered my copy of Win97 today with my debit card, over Don's secure website. Got my Key INSTANTLY....

Thanks Don and RR!!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Gonna close this one up since it's resolved. I think We have enough Don Star threads going around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.