Win97 Not Working With Radioreference

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosty1

I have a PRO-2055 scanner and am using WIN97 ver 1.12 (newest).

What I am having trouble with is when I go to do a web import and enter the required Radioreference login information and click start the WIN97 program says that the address can not be resolved or there is a server problem.

After doing some investigating the link http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1 does not work.

Where do I go to get the .XML files from RadioReference or what is going on in WIN97 also.

Do I have TWO problems????

seamusg

frosty1 said:
I have a PRO-2055 scanner and am using WIN97 ver 1.12 (newest).

What I am having trouble with is when I go to do a web import and enter the required Radioreference login information and click start the WIN97 program says that the address can not be resolved or there is a server problem.

After doing some investigating the link http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1 does not work.

Where do I go to get the .XML files from RadioReference or what is going on in WIN97 also.

Do I have TWO problems????
That's the message you get when you don't have an internet connection, you must be connected to the internet before you start the process.

frosty1

I am connected ..... that is the problem

I am connected to the internet and actually have RadioReference in a different window while trying to run WIN97 ........ it just will not connect

Any other Ideas???

seamusg

frosty1 said:
I am connected to the internet and actually have RadioReference in a different window while trying to run WIN97 ........ it just will not connect

Any other Ideas???
I connected with Win96 ok and I believe it's the same interface. Are you running Norton anti-virus or going through a firewall?

frosty1

Norton Firewall Stopped It !!!!!

SEAMUSG:

THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT THE NORTON FIREWALL!!!! I went into the anti-virus/firewall and the program WIN97 was blocked. I changed it's attributes to allow it and it connected immediately!

THANK YOU

seamusg

frosty1 said:
SEAMUSG:

THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT THE NORTON FIREWALL!!!! I went into the anti-virus/firewall and the program WIN97 was blocked. I changed it's attributes to allow it and it connected immediately!

THANK YOU
That was a previous problem that was blocking some people from viewing the Michigan MPSCS data base. I thought it was something like that since it's the message that Win96 gives when it can't access the database over the internet. It seems Norton does not like this site's features.

aguyindallas

Can anyone here tell me how it is I would do this importing straight from the database? I also use Win97 for my Pro-97 and admittedly, havent tried to hard to do it, just wondering if there is a step by step procedure I can read before I make any attempts.

Thanks in advance!

KE5BCP

Analog Man
aguyindallas said:
Can anyone here tell me how it is I would do this importing straight from the database? I also use Win97 for my Pro-97 and admittedly, havent tried to hard to do it, just wondering if there is a step by step procedure I can read before I make any attempts.

Thanks in advance!
Open Win97.
File > Web Import > RadioReference.com > (Choose trunked system or conventional)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Please don't open an old topic and then not explain what you are doing.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.